What's the goriest movie you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Joel1963, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What you mean scenes like a woman getting her breast cut open and chocolate milk spilling out is unrealistic?

Anyway, this is a hard subject to make a call on, but I'll mention the notorious Flowers of Flesh and Blood, the best known of the infamous Guinea Pig series of short Japanese gore-weirdness films. In this one, a guy in Samurai garb stalks and kidnaps a woman, ties her to a bed under light anesthesia, and slices her to pieces. Some years ago, the one and only Charlie Sheen reported the film to the FBI after seeing an nth generation dub and thinking it a real snuff film. A few years later it finally came out on DVD, complete with a "Making Of..." featurette!

2. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Yeah, I forgot about that one. I have the whole Guinea Pig DVD collection. Found it at Best Buy years ago, never seen it since. "Flower Of Flesh & Blood" is probably the sickest movie in the series. It's basically a special effects showcase. Slicing through tendons, chiseling through bone...all really close up. I remember how the woman's hand clutches shut after it's dismembered. Gruesome. The killer reciting his creepy poetry was a nice touch too.

3. Dark_Globe

Dark_Globe New Member

Probably Martyrs, but then again, it probably isn't.

4. japes

japes Senior Member

I was just about to post this. The level of violence and gore was totally unexpected.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, I've had to master some medical films that were very hard to watch. The abortion and eye-operation films were particularly rough; I turned the monitor off and just color-corrected with the scopes (which can be done, but isn't quite as good as looking at the picture). Not fun.

For feature films, I think the worst one I ever worked on was Lucio Fulci's Zombie 2, probably around 1980. I had to stop and take a break for some of those scenes.

6. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Some of you people scare me.

7. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I've got the DVD collection too, but it's been years since I've watched it. I seem to recall the moment I found most cringe-inducing in the whole series was from (I think) Devil's Experiment where a girl gets her eyeball pierced by a needle, in close-up! :eek:

8. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

That's just coming out on Blu Ray!

9. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

I just put both of those in my Netflix queue. :thumbsup: I think worthy of mentioning in this thread is a film that's not gory but pretty twisted & gross is a 1989 film called "Society", although Netflix is saying it's currently not available on DVD.

10. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I look forward to zombie v. shark in HD.

11. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

If you're referring to this one....
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098354/

...then yeah, the DVD is OOP, but still easy obtainable. Why anyone would want to watch such an awful movie in the first place is another story, though ;)

12. On a Forum-relevant note: is that the one where, as part of the "experiment", they tie the victim to a chair with a pair of large headphones strapped on, and blast her with high-frequency sound for many hours?

Also: given what you say, I trust the climax of Audition was unwatchable for you?

13. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Yes, that is the one. It was very sadistic and mean-spirited stuff.

14. Belsnickel

Belsnickel Forum Resident

I will never forget the clip where the driver of a Buick fell asleep on the Ohio Turnpike and ran his car under a tractor's trailer. It scalped the entire top half of the car off, along with the top of the family. Black and white gore was scary enough to make me stay completely awake to catch when my father nodded off on our long family trips!

15. Belsnickel

Belsnickel Forum Resident

"Piranha" had some imaginative gore - I saw it last week and I can't get some images out of my mind.

16. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I tend to avoid such films, but, perversly, I saw one decapitation video and several high speed auto wrecks on Ogrish that I wished I had never seen.

17. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Well, for unrealistic gore, there's the " live organ donor" with the Hasidic Rastafarian in Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

18. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Yeah I believe that's the same one. :) In another segment, don't they pelt her with a bunch of raw meat? That part always seemed a bit odd to me... :shrug:

As a hardened, totally de-sensitized horror movie buff, there's nothing really "unwatchable" for me.... but the climax of Audition certainly did make me go "argghhh... glad I'm not THAT guy!" ;)

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Red Asphalt is considered to be one of the classics of the "driver ed gore" genre. That's another one where I think an entire family gets wiped out in a really messy car wreck. (I was going to post a link to YouTube, but apparently the title has been appropriated by a lot of skateboard guys, and the real film is buried under 1000 fakes.)

This kinda crap will give you nightmares for months if you're an impressionable teenage driver...

20. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Is this the right one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQfDB0d6cTI

My gosh, that video is gory...but it's also pretty silly in moments. That guy's comments are so sarcastic at times that he sounds like a character in an early John Waters movie.

21. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

Toxic Avenger

22. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Haha, that's certainly one of the most bad taste films I've ever seen.

"She's only 13 years old and 13 dollars."

23. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

The Discovery Channel used to have a show called "The Operation", featuring
    actual, uncut footage of surgical procedures. Could never figure out what the thinking was behind putting this show on the air, unless you wanted to be a surgeon but didn't want to take the classes.

24. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

"Bloodsucking Freaks" and a few minutes of "Fargo" were pretty rough.

25. ROLO46

ROLO46 Forum Resident

Stalingrad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.