Which Sundazed LP's are better than the regular CD's?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris Desjardin, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm in the mood for ordering some vinyl. Are there any Sundazed LP's that beat the CD's issued by the record companies? I looked at some by the Rascals, Lovin' Spoonful, etc., and wondered how the sonics were.

Also, any other sundazed LP's highly recommended?

2. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Any of the mono Bob Dylan LPs are well worth it. (None of them are available in mono on CD.) I picked up Blonde on Blonde recently, played it -- and had forgotten just how good an album that is.

3. jeff e.

jeff e. Member

I agree with Tim--the mono Dylans are a must-have. I also recommend their 180g pressing of FOREVER CHANGES by Love. To my ears, it is better than any of the previous CD versions (80's Elektra, Rhino LOVE STORY box, recent Rhino expanded reissue). :thumbsup:

4. Mike V

Mike V New Member

The Otis Redding LPs are supposed to be magnificent. Albert King is amazing. Also, the Dylans are definitely a real treat, not to be missed.

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

What are you, a stockholder? :)

6. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Nope, just a client ;)

If I had the dough, I'd have bailed out DCC. C'mon!

7. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Their mono of Otis Blue is really amazing. Dock Of The Bay is coming soon...

8. Damián

Damián Forum Hall Of Fame

I have several of their titles on my 'dream list': Skip Spence's OAR, Surrealistic Pillow, Blonde on Blonde, some Stooges, I want to check out those Luv'd Ones chicks too, and I'm probably forgetting a couple.

'Dream on.. '

9. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Has anyone here heard the Byrds singles 2 lp package? I hated the sound of the Byrds studio reissues (simply awful), so is this set any better?

10. Mike V

Mike V New Member

I'll have to listen again just to be sure, but I think they screwed up Fun House. Mind you Sundazed was the first I ever heard this album, so this could just be how it sounds...

11. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

12. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Thanks Ben. I vaguely remember that thread. Reading between the lines, this sounds like on the balance it's a decent set with just a couple disappointing moments.

13. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

That's about right. I have not heard anyone outright putting this one down. Of course, it's hard to find pristine alternatives to really judge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.