Who CDs from 2002 Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JJ3810, Aug 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJ3810

JJ3810 Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Wow! Great idea!

A quote: The band is aware that many of the shows on this tour will be sold as bootleg recordings and to satisfy this demand they have agreed to release their own official recordings to benefit worthy causes.

3. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Awesome!!!

4. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

Just wish that had started doing this earlier...on the plus side, archive releases will probably get added to this series, to.

-D

5. snowman

snowman Forum Resident

Are any performances with Entwhistle available? Who's gonna buy any Cd without 'their' bass player.

6. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Forum Resident

Yes, there is. I have the one from the 2000 tour. I hope they can print these without the gap between the tracks. That was my only complaint. After reading this forum, I imagine some of you might have some other comments about t. I don't remember what I paid. I got a two cd set that was compiled from two different shows. JOhn's bass was in good voice with a soso in 5:15.

7. Gardo

Gardo Audio Epistemologist

I'm an Entwistle man all the way--but I have to say that the two shows I saw at Madison Square Garden a few weeks ago were just wonderful. Daltrey was singing better than he has for twenty years, and Pete, Rabbit, and Zak were loose and precise all at once. Stunning stuff, even with the hole left by John's passing. Pino Palladino, the substitute (sorry!) bassist, was doing a more than adequate job in a very difficult situation, so I salute him, but no one can take Entwistle's place. Still, the music was superb, and often very moving. If they release any of the MSG shows, I'll be first in line for the CDs.

Gardo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.