Who is seeing Springsteen this Sat 8/30 @ Giants Stadium?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

I know Norm and maybe a handful of people are going to the Springsteen show this Sat 8/30 @ Giants Stadium. Hopefully we can all meet up somewhere for a few before the show. I plan on getting there in the early afternoon if the weather is good. I'm guessing they will have the carnival set up like they did in July so it should be a good time in the parking lot. Who is else is going?

2. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!!

Springsteen, 8/30, Giants Stadium, Roll Call!!

I know there are 3 or 4 (or more) of us going to the Springsteen show on Saturday night. Let's exchange cell phone #'s so we can meet before the show. That would be cool!!

3. bartels76

I'm going! Norm is going too I think. I'll PM you later on today. Let's keep this thread bumped up so people don't miss it.

4. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Bruce at Giants Stadium 8/30

I am driving up Saturday afternoon and praying for clear skies (and world peace, an AIDS cure and baseball in DC in that order)
    I am in section 7 which is around the fifty yard line I believe. I will get you guys the exact location tomorrow

What songs do you want to hear?
    I could really get into "Point Blank", "Tunnel of Love", "Adam Raised a Caine" , "Blinded..." and "Candy's Room"

See you guys there
    Peace-
    Norm
    PS: (best Woodstock chant: No Rain No Rain...)

5. Geoman076

Sounds great! Looking forward to meeting you guys!

6. bartels76

Re: Bruce at Giants Stadium 8/30

I saw him once already so I would really like to hear Mary's Place and that new rock version of Dancing In The Dark.
    Brilliant Disguise would be nice too.

7. teaser5

Dancing

Ah yes, the rock version of Dancing
    That is vintage Boss right there
    He took a song I never cared for and made it into a concert monster
    Good call!

Peace-
    Norm

8. bartels76

I've never been to Giants Stadium so is it impossible to meet in the parking lot or do you want to go to someone's section before the show?
    Doesn't matter to me. We are going to try and get there pretty early since we have about a 3 hour drive.

Tix for the East Hartford show went on sale months after the NJ shows. Who knew he would play 5 min from my house!

9. teaser5

Dude-
    You should be easy to find...
    You'll be the only one there in Kiss makeup!
    :laugh:
    Cheers-
    Norm

10. Geoman076

I'll be there! Section 113, Row 1, seats 21 - 25, with friends and family!

11. Geoman076

I'm in Section 113, Row 1, seats 21 - 25. See ya there!!

12. bartels76

And you'll be the only one that looks like Tommy Bolin! I'll PM you w/ my cell & seats.

13. levi

levi Can't Stand Up For Falling Down In Memoriam

just saw the set-list from Saturday night's show. man, you guys must have been in heaven! Because the Night, Raise Your Hand, Pretty Flamingos ... wow!

someone needs to give us a review when you come back down to Earth!

14. bartels76

Giants Stadium
    E Rutherford, New Jersey
    8/30/03 Night 9--Saturday
    1) Janey Don't You Lose Heart
    2) The Rising
    3) Lonesome Day
    4) Candy's Room
    5) TRAPPED
    6) Empty Sky
    7) Waitin' On A Sunny Day
    8) Roll Of The Dice
    9) Because The Night
    10) Badlands
    11) Out In the Streets
    12) Mary's Place
    13) Across The Border with Emmylou Harris
    14) Into The Fire
    15) Thunder Road - special dedication to the family of Jim Berger
    -end of main set-

16) This Hard Land
    17) RAISE YOUR HAND w/ Marah
    18) Glory Days
    19) Born To Run
    20) Seven Nights To Rock
    -very short break in between-

21) My City Of Ruins
    22) LOHAD
    23) PRETTY FLAMINGO
    24) Rosalita
    25) DITD

Yeah this setlist IS the best one I've seen for this tour when I was looking online and it was the show I got to go to. Holy crap! It was a religous experience. If a music fan does not see Bruce LIVE once in their life they are just plain strange and are just not right in the head. You need to go see him before he retires.
    Because The Night ruled BTW!

15. levi

between Candy's Room, Trapped, Janey and Because the Night, the Springsteen forums have been going nuts since about 11:30 Saturday night. even longtimers are saying this was one for the ages, and word is they had high-def cameras all over the place -- a la Madison Square Garden in 2000.

glad you guys got such a good one. this'll sound like heresy, but I hadn't been all that excited about a stadium stand. now, I'm suddenly counting the days to Chapel Hill.

16. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

Both the Saturday 98/30 and the Sunday 8/21 rivaled the Last Night in Philly for the sets of the year.

17. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Did any of you guys record the show?

18. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

man, there was some heavy traffic on the NJ Turnpike Sunday evening heading Northbound (I was coming up from the Outer Banks). Could Bruce be to blame!

19. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Did anyone see Norm at the Saturday Night Show?

20. teaser5

Saturday night was amazing. Emmylou Harris and Marah were huge treats
    The two brothers from Marah looked like kids at Christmas.

Getting in the stadium was a bear but understandable considering how close we were to NYC. Got frisked pretty good by a lady cop with a sense of humor.

I wanted to call some of you guys but hearing the cell phone was impossible and it was just hard to navigate through a crowd of fifty thousand. Still, when you see all those hands go in the air at once you get chills. When he does that line from Rosalita "My machine she's a dud all stuck in the mud somewhere in the swamps of Jersey" the place went nuts

Does anyone have a picture of that upside down mike stand thing he did?!
    The stage dives and guitar throws were crazy.

Just an incredible show. There's no words. And no rain!
    See you guys in DC on 9/13

Cheers-
    Norm

21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

The last two GS shows were good, but I'll still take Philly over them. It was great to hear "Janey", though, and a night in which Bruce plays both "Lost In the Flood" and "Kitty's Back" is a special one.

24 shows down, three - or four, or five, or six, depending on Shea - to go!

22. Geoman076

I went to Saturday night's show, and then the next day, my best friend and I decided to just head back down to Giants Stadium without tickets for Sundays show. We bought 300 level tickets from scalpers for below face value, and were very happy we were there. Kittys back, Lost in the Flood, Spirit in the Night, Night, and a double shot of little Steven related songs, two hearts and No Surrender. It was weird to see a lot of people sitting for Kittys Back, and then stand up for Glory Days, but I guess that's how a stadium show goes. The sound in the upper section was actually a lot better than in the lower section, and I would sit there again. The screen s are so clear that your seat, unless you are really close, doesn't matter that much.

Everyone should go at least once!

23. levi

well, I tried twice to attach this, but either I'm an idiot or this program doesn't like my file. (I'm on a Mac, if that makes any difference).

anyway, here's a link:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/born2run/3.jpg

score one for “geezer” rock!

24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Well, yeah. According to RIAA data, "The Wild, The Innocent..." has sold about 2 million copies, while "Born In the USA" moved around 15 million. Add some extra recognition factor to "Glory Days" because it was a hit single and a popular video, and of course MANY more people will know it than "Kitty's Back". At an arena show with tons of diehards, "Kitty's" might get the better reaction - maybe - but I don't understand folks who seem surprised or puzzled that this occurs at a stadium show. 55,000 people - do you really expect more of them to know an obscure 30-year-old album track over a hit single from 18 years ago?

25. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

darn, I missed it.. there goes LSU football again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.