Who owns a 45 jukebox .... wanna show it off?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Rick Bartlett, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I worked for a coinop route that used mostly Seeburgs and rebuilt one of these for a customer.
    Gotta watch those tube amps out in the open......they will knock you on your A** if you get your meter probe in the wrong place...lol

2. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

the amp is gone on mine so I use a separate amp which is on top, so I'm really ok with that as tube amps like that are terrible to maintain. I need to have more work done to mine, so I'm soon going to look for a serviceman. Last got it serviced in 1982, so it's understandable that it's not going to go on forever. Still works tho.

3. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

My Seeburg "trashcan". This one was manufactured for 78s in 1939 and converted to play 45s in the 1950s, though I've got the stuff to convert it back.
    [​IMG]

Dan C, Dan Steele, Hardcore and 20 others like this.
  4. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Here's the Seeburg Q100 I have. Right now, it's loaded with some Christmas 45s and EPs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

This thread sure jogged some memories. When I was an early teen my Pop redid half of the basement into a rec room replete with bumper pool table, ping pong table, a replica pinball machine, plenty of bean bag chairs; but the centerpiece was definitely the jukebox. Sure my beer can collection got moved to the back room, but it was a fun room all around and I thoroughly enjoyed the care and feeding of that jukebox. This was the late 70's so lots of disco baby. I remember buying new released 45s as well; off the top of my head I can remember Chic - "Le Freak" and Eagles "Heartache Tonight" and "Long Run" as a few of the standouts.

Well sure enough someone put out a video of the exact one we had, picture of the mountain and everything, and when the top is opened up in that video I am telling you I can remember that smell of electrical ozone and gear grease as I sit here. We did not put coins in, I guess there was a switch to turn that off. Fun times; thanks Pops, you were cooler than I am sure I gave you credit for at the time!

6. Clark V Kauffman

That is one elegant machine. I really love the visible record mechanisms on the vertical-playing Wurlitzers. Colored-vinyl 45s look particularly nice in them, of course...

The Trinity likes this.
  7. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

I'm jealous. I've been looking for a working juke that I can afford for many years. I want one where the record playing mechanism is shown.

When I was a kid, my neighbor's dad worked for a radio station and they had a 78 juke where the platter rose up to meet the record when it was pulled from the stack on the left of the machine. It was so cool, but the only record in it that we liked was "Hey Good Looking" by Hank Williams.

8. JimSpark

JimSpark I haven't got a title

I'd love a Seeburg LS2. For sentimental reasons, my grandparents owned a bar in the 1970s which had that Seeburg in it, like this one:

[​IMG]

Dan Steele and Mal like this.
  9. Clark V Kauffman

Definitely one of the cooler looking jukeboxes of the 1970s. Probably sounded pretty good, too.
    By the 1980s, all jukeboxes looked pretty ghastly.
    I know I'm in the minority, but I don't care too much for the golden-age Wurlitzers of the 1940s. But the silver-age Seeburgs, produced from the 1950s through the early 1960s, which were heavily influenced by automobile designs coming out of Detroit, look fantastic.

JimSpark likes this.
  10. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Great thread - love the pics!!

Shak Cohen and junk like this.
  11. Clark V Kauffman

Here are some classic silver-age jukeboxes.
    First, the only AMI machines I really like, the Continental and the stereophonic Continental 2.
    If George Jetson had a jukebox, it would be one of these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Clark V Kauffman

Here are a couple from Rock-Ola: The pink Empress, designed to appeal to teen-age girls in soda fountains, and it's little sister, the Rock-Ola Princess, which was small enough to be favored by people looking for a jukebox in their residence.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mal likes this.
  13. Clark V Kauffman

Here's where the Detroit styling gets serious: Tail-lights on a jukebox, the classic Seeburg Model 201 from 1958.
    And the majestic Wurlitzer 2300, which featured a soft blue "star-lit" backdrop against which the 45 would spin, vertically, on a clear platter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rupe33, bmoregnr and Mal like this.
  14. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

15. Clark V Kauffman

One more... A Seeburg Model 222 from 1959, a design that was clearly intended to capitalize on the new stereo technology.

[​IMG]

bmoregnr and Mal like this.
  16. Michael P

Michael P Forum Resident

1939!?! :yikes: It looks rather futuristic for '39. It looks like a flamboyant R2D2.

17. Clark V Kauffman

Very cool! How did you get the custom, backlit photo of The Beatles in there? Is it printed on thin paper, or on clear plastic?

FJFP likes this.
  18. junk

junk Hellion

Yep. Me too.

19. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I currently have six different jukeboxes (four play 45's, one plays 78's and one plays CD's). I probably should do a video for each of them, but for now, here is a clip that I have added to a few other threads on this forum of my 1949/50 SEEBURG M100a, playing the "record store day" 78 rpm of The Beach Boys "Good Vibrations".

Mal, FJFP and HominyRhodes like this.
  20. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

It was in there when we got it, it's a paper image placed inside - we could change it to whatever we wanted I think, but why would we do that?

clhboa likes this.
  21. Alan G.

Alan G. Forum Resident

I used to have this:

[​IMG]

It was a '51 Seeburg 100B, one of the earliest 45 players. But I sold it for this:

[​IMG]

Wurlitzer 1015, 1946, a 78 player.

22. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Wow! Beautiful. Looks fantastic. I had a friend who acquired a juke years ago and we loaded it up with my 45s. Sounded good but absolutely destroyed my records. Has yours been equipped with new stylus etc?

23. Alan G.

Alan G. Forum Resident

As a child of the '50s, this is the one I remember best:

[​IMG]

This '56 Seeburg monster, the V-200, was entertaining for me even without music. That's because I could push the buttons to roll the selection drum to the different music genres; "ka-lunk, ka-lunk, ka-lunk". Fun!

Rupe33 and Mal like this.
  24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Congratulations! You struck out with a nice looking juke.

unfortunately I have same, mines a 30gb.

For the time being maybe I a will pick up one of these:
    [​IMG]

In a few years things could change.

Strangely enough after finishing fifth grade the cafeteria in school was being remodeled, they were going to throw out a working jukebox setup (it looked like a "Beast" at the time!) and my family didn't have the space to set all of it up. Well one day soon maybe I will check a few models out and decide again

Poison_Flour likes this.
  25. LaserKen

LaserKen Senior Member

I have one like this - need to get it serviced:[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.