Why are people COMPLAINING about the new U2 album!?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bcaulf, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Yeah, but it's just like something U2 WOULD do, if they had been around in the 80's.... oh, wait...

2. dkmonroe

It needs its own Onion headline:

"Sharon Osbourne Achieves Long Sought-After Credibility With Rock Fans By Criticizing U2"

Raf likes this.
  3. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

She should be out helping artists. There are several that need management, the Moz is one whose name pops right into my head.

dkmonroe likes this.
  4. Rasputin

Rasputin Forum Resident

The Beatles.

Peter_R likes this.
  5. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

Simply put it's spam.

I don't own my residence either, but if my landlord came inside uninvited and left a new copy of this album of on my shelf I would be upset.

My main problem is the intrusion into my device. It makes me want to wear my tinfoil hat.

Peter_R likes this.
  6. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Sharon OZZY vs. U2

I'll side with U2.

..........and Iron Maiden.

7. Even if this is so, how much would 115 MB of dowload cost, anyway? As a smartphone luddite I actually don't have a clue, but I doubt it's anything to get one's knickers in a twist over.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  8. dkmonroe

If I were getting free albums with the frequency that I get spam, perhaps that would be a problem. Or it may be awesome, since I like music.

But one spam message? Delete it, it's gone.

And sorry, I just can't get behind this analogy that it's the same thing as someone walking into your house uninvited. Just seems like a major overreaction. You must really have a problem with iOS upgrades - that's like your landlord coming into your home and replacing the furniture and re-arranging the rooms.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  9. Spot on. How easy to delete, etc, is not even relevant. This is what happens when you turn over control of your stuff to others with no way back.

DDTM likes this.
  10. dkmonroe

Get a device that has no Internet component, like my Sansa Clip. That's a way back. No music on it that I didn't put there. No music CAN get on it that I don't put there.

Apple products are apparently not designed for people who want complete personal control, but there are many other options.

ffracer, Driver 8 and Stuart S like this.
  11. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

IOS updates have to be manually initiated. Spam is spam.

12. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

Exactly, that's why I have no Apple devices whatsoever.

dino77 and dkmonroe like this.
  13. dkmonroe

The landlord's going to get in there eventually. That ol' rickety Laz-E-Boy has got to go! :laugh:

MikeyP likes this.
  14. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

there must be millions of pees deleteing ITunes and selling off their Apple gizmos, are the figures available?
    I got me the Sanza that plays FLAC in case i become an audiophile.

15. MikeyP

MikeyP Forum Resident

The futon is the last bastion of my 20's, I'm fighting its departure tooth-and-nail. ;)

dkmonroe likes this.
  16. dkmonroe

See? This makes perfect sense. It's the people who act like they're married to Apple that I can't understand. When I first bought my wife an iPod Shuffle about 10 years ago I took one look at iTunes and said, "That's too much damn work", and have for the most part stayed away from it. There are some cool aspects to it but I recognized that they really want you into their system and that doesn't interest me. I went and grabbed the new U2 album off of iTunes and put it on my Sansa but my wife, who uses her iPod every day, wasn't even aware of it. It would have just sat there in the cloud and never have been downloaded or played.

17. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I wonder how many of the complainers are typing their complaints on their iPhones or iPads?

But, seriously, if you're so horrified by this invasion of your privacy by Apple, switch to an Android phone or buy a CD Walkman or some other music player that meets your privacy standard. Problem solved.

JimC and dkmonroe like this.
  18. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

I just hope U2 is not Married to Apple. I stayed away from Sony products when they were so tight with Michael Jackson. When I saw a Sony product, I thought of Michael Jackson. :wtf:

Apple makes me sick.

19. dkmonroe

Yeah, well you'll be sorry when Apple merges with Apple, creating the media giant AppleApple, and pushes 3-D printed LP copies of the entire Beatles catalog in mono and stereo to all its users for free! :laugh:

20. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I wouldn't be surprised if Ozzy OZZY falls in with the "Who the f**k is U2" crowd.

21. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

Didn't think a target group that actually pays for music in a useless proprietary format would be upset over a thing like this.

JimC likes this.
  22. Rasputin

Rasputin Forum Resident

What format is that?

23. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

BEATLES. Babies, adults and pets like them.

Smiths22 likes this.
  24. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

peeps are just spoiled nowadays. back in the old days, when us kids were broke, we would have considered a free record like something unbelievably cool. everybody would be wanting to get the free record. we would hurry up and tell all of our friends.

JimC and wgriel like this.
  25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm curious to know why this question has to be asked again and again and again. This must be at least the tenth time someone has used this retort in the thread.

And for the record: I STILL WOULDN'T CARE! I'd delete it and that'd be that - no stress, no anger, no thought about it beyond what it takes during the 30 seconds the process requires...

Mr Sam, goombay and wgriel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.