Why Paul McCartneys later work is so brilliant

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bemagnus, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

When Time Out of Mind was released I had a feeling To Make You Feel My Love would be successful in some way. It's such a simple, accessible and beautiful song. I played that album so much and the first time I saw Dylan was on that tour. Great times to be a Dylan fan, only marred by a potentially serious illness which thankfully he recovered from.

2. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Who can say if it will be as much?

My point is it will be remembered, I've seen people say that recent songs by him have been used at their weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, dates etc. Those songs will always be remembered.

Also when the name Paul McCartney comes up, all of his music will be looked at. His music won't be disregarded because it's being looked at even now. This very recent article is proof of that...

Reassessing Paul McCartney's Solo Career: Successful by Every Measure

I've seen other related articles like this over the years, so McCartney's music is constantly being listened to. If Egypt Station turns out to be good, it will just add to the wonderful string of albums he's produced recently. With all the tech/digital/sites today, it will be easier than ever to remember McCartney's music!

The younger generation are discovering Wings/solo songs even today, so that's not going to stop, one will lead to the other, it's already happening! Once again on Youtube many young people are saying that his new song is better than what's popular today, so they must be paying attention and listening, they know.

Also what music by anyone is going to be remembered as much as the Beatles, they stand head an shoulders above most everybody! Paul McCartney having been one of them gives him a pretty good chance.

Hep Alien likes this.
  3. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun Thread Starter

Since I wrote the OP I just wanna state that I wrote that some of his new music will live on just as much as his older stuff not that it will be as widely known. Of course it won t.
    But there are new song like My Valentine that I firmly believe have the possibility to survive .

gregorya likes this.
  4. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I think some of it will be as widely known, for the very reasons I stated. This is Paul McCartney we're talking about, who's going to cut it off at some point to keep it from being as widely known?! Youtube is around the world, how much wider can you get?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.