Why Taylor Swift is to blame for the invasion of lame British music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Smiths22, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

For a country once ruled by the iron fist of the old Empire, America has been very receptive to British musical invasions over the past 50 years.

In the 1960s, it was The Beatles and the Rolling Stones. In the ’80s, the video age gave a platform to glamorous New Wave acts such as Duran Duran and fascinatingly androgynous figures like Boy George. And in the ’90s, there was the unapologetic swagger of bands like Oasis.

But the current British pop invasion is led by a line of generic-looking, insipid-sounding acoustic singer-songwriters that need to be kept out of the US, for the simple reason that they might just bore us to death.

http://nypost.com/2015/03/21/why-taylor-swift-is-to-blame-for-the-invasion-of-lame-british-music/

I have no idea who is thay guy James eBay i only know that he's appearing on the iTunes main pages worldwide suddenly i thought he was that guy Jack White (because of the hat) but now i know he's a new one..... Geez bad Taylor.

Licorice pizza likes this.
  2. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

This half-baked theory needs more attention. This first Sunday of spring needs a dull blanket of negativity. Young talent needs disapproval. Excerpts from New York Post articles don't need quotation marks around them.

I shouted out who killed the Kennedys, when after all, it was Taylor Swift.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  3. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

Ignore it all. Or retire from current-sugary-pop-music and dig into something else. Life's too short.

4. Smiths22

Then there’s James Bay, whose album “Chaos and the Calm” drops Tuesday. In the UK, he’s already had a Top-10 hit with his track “Hold Back the River,” but he, too, is a painfully banal singer-songwriter.

If you saw him on the subway platform at Union Square, the only thing that would make him stand out from all the other anonymous buskers would be his jaunty hat.
    :biglaugh:

5. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Isn't Taylor Swift to blame for everything now?

Laibach, rockclassics, walrus and 3 others like this.
  6. zen

zen Senior Member

Clickbait.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  7. AveryKG

AveryKG Sultan of snacks

Kind of destroys any credibility the article had when he puts forward La Roux as an example of "good" British music.

8. Smiths22

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like two drops of water!

9. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Taylor needs a good spanking.

10. AveryKG

AveryKG Sultan of snacks

The rest of you, no jostling; form a line behind Monosterio and me.

11. Sill Nyro

Sill Nyro Forum Resident

I'm not a fan of any of the artists he dissed, but I will say that they're better than most of the artists on top 40 radio today. I'd rather hear them than Maroon 5, Meghan Trainor, Katy Perry, etc.

12. zen

zen Senior Member

[​IMG]

FJFP, milankey, AveryKG and 4 others like this.
  13. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I don't get it either but you are welcome to them. However what has Taylor Swift got to do with it?

14. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

And by the way, when did the New York Post EVER (or at least since Rupert Murdoch bought it) for one second function as a credible arbiter of what's cool? The New York Post is where cool goes to die.

[​IMG]

Muzyck and ConnieGuitar like this.
  15. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

It says in the article that she took Ed Sheeran on tour with her in 2013 and now she's doing the same with James Bay.

16. Smiths22

Click on the link article.

I don't know about the others but Taylor pretty much helped Sheeran. They even made a video together.

and now James Ebay? Geeez, bad Taylor! Can we expect a brand new video with Taylor-Ebay in the near future? oh well.

17. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

I also believe she's responsible for the impasse that Adrian Peterson and the Vikings are experiencing right now. The bitch.

showtaper likes this.
  18. PteroDon

PteroDon Forum Resident

Mmm , us Brits can only apologise for this unwanted wave of bland putrid nonsense.
    Lets wish them all massive US/global success, ensuring they leave our shores for good... :edthumbs:

OobuJoobu likes this.
  19. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

Speaking of spankings, I just don't have time to get all incensed about the lame British music because I'm too busy enjoying the awesome British music:

20. docwebb

docwebb Senior Member

The only good thing about this thread is the red shorts.
    Sensitive singer songwriters have always been the bane of music. Nothing new here.

21. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Senior Member

22. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I don't know if you've had to suffer George Ezra yet in the USA, all I can say is, once he hits your shores then the makers of sleeping pills are going to suffer a massive drop in sales.

23. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Brooks Was Here

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  24. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

All music, especially the British variety, is lame when compared to Ms. Swift's.

25. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

I blame her for Taylor Swift.
    [​IMG]

starduster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.