Wilco - A.M. & Being There Deluxe Editions (Dec. 1, 2017)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Raf, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raf

Raf Senior Member Thread Starter

Haven't seen a thread for this:

http://wilcoworld.net/m-deluxe-dec-1/

Where were you when you first heard A.M. and Being There? Revisit — or discover for the first time — the beginnings of Wilco with new deluxe editions of the band’s first two albums, out December 1.

Preorder A.M. or Being There deluxe on CD or vinyl through the Wilco store and get a download of “Passenger Side (Live at the Troubadour)” tomorrow, October 13. Hear the track now at RollingStone.com.

Being There turned 21 this year, so it’s officially old enough to go out there and have one on its own. To celebrate, the reissue adds a 15-pack of bonus tracks including alternate versions of “I Got You” and “Say You Miss Me,” plus never-before-released recordings like “Dynamite My Soul” and “Better When I’m Gone.” Also included in all formats of Being There – Deluxe Edition is Wilco’s 1996 session from KCRW’s Morning Becomes Eclectic radio show, and in the CD and digital versions you’ll also get Wilco’s raucous 20-song set from the Troubadour in Los Angeles, November 12, 1996. In-depth liner notes from journalist Steven Hyden are the proverbial straw that stirs the drink.

A.M. – Deluxe Edition brings eight unreleased tracks including an early version of “Outtasite (Outta Mind)” and “When You Find Trouble,” the last studio recording by Uncle Tupelo. As John Stirratt put it in his notes for the reissue, “Listening back to records 15 to 20 years later, I’m always taken with the confident but guileless quality of bands in their 20s, that strange mixture of innocence and conviction… we were barely a band at that point, just trying to make some noise.”

John Bliss and Zeki like this.
  2. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

3. JayB

JayB Senior Member

Really looking forward to these!

4. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

My preordered CD bundle shipped today! All you preorderers oughta to check your email to see if you're as lucky as I am.
    :cheers:

5. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Awesome - I'm in for the CD's. My favorite era of Wilco!

Thanks for the links!

6. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

Got shipment notification for both vinyl sets. Looking forward to these a lot

7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

11/12/96 (for those few who don't know it by heart):

Sunken Treasures
    Red Eyed and Blue
    I Got You
    Someone Else's Song
    Someday Soon
    Don't Forget The Flowers
    New Madrid
    I Must Be High
    Passenger Side
    Hotel Arizona
    Monday
    Say You Miss Me
    Outta Mind(Outtasite)
    The Long Cut
    King Pin
    Misunderstanding
    For Far Away
    Give Back The Key To My Heart
    Gun

Zeki likes this.
  8. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

Oh my, time to check bank account balance...

9. Zensound

Zensound Forum Resident

Looking forward to them and am currently reading Greg Kot's 2004 book about the band around that time.

10. PearlJamNoCode

Zeki and Jack like this.
  11. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

To me AM is the sound of a band trying to find their way, while Being There was their arrival. I'm anxiously waiting for Friday to arrive.

12. PearlJamNoCode

Just got a notification that these have arrived at my house.

Another thing I love about Wilco... reissues coming out on December 1, I get them on November 29. Pearl Jam reissues came out November 11, still no idea when I'll actually get them.

13. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Never cared for AM (though I didn't give it much of a chance when it first came out, preferring SV's Trace), but I bought Being There the day it came out, and it hooked me right away - at least half of it did, and the other half grew on me after a while. Still love the record to this day.

beasandpeans and Davido like this.
  14. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

Wilco got better, relatively fast in retrospect.

John Bliss likes this.
  15. Lemon Curry

Lemon Curry (A) Face In The Crowd

I love AM. Tons of hooks, great guitar tones and good lyrics.

John Bliss, alan967tiger and Zeki like this.
  16. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

Mine are on the way but can someone confirm that these are not remastered? IIRC, the detailed descriptions did not say anything about a new mastering.

17. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Got my color vinyl set yesterday - great package! Vinyl was a little dirty (seems like most new ones are), but after a cleaning they sound great; flat, quiet, nice dynamic range, etc. The vinyl colors are kinda weird, but they go with the sleeve art/photos. Overall, very well done! Wilco tends to be pretty hands-on with their vinyl production, and it shows. Buy with confidence.

18. bhasenstab

bhasenstab Forum Resident

Got my CD sets, and cannot wait to dig in! Might be the weekend before I get time, especially for Being There. (Five CDs is a lot of content!)

19. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

could anyone shine some light on the bonus tracks. are they all outtakes? are they original or do they have contemporary overdubs? are they all previously unreleased?

20. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

The OP answers your questions.

21. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

yes... it kind of does. but not fully.

22. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Actually, I like A.M. better than anything they've ever done.

keef00 and Lemon Curry like this.
  23. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Wilco A.M. & BEING THERE Deluxe Editions Available December 1 | Rhino

Deluxe Editions Of A.M. And Being There Feature Newly Remastered Versions Of The Original Albums Expanded With Rare And Unreleased Recordings That Have Never Been Heard Before

24. funknik

funknik He who feels it.

I can’t imagine these sound better than the Bernie Grundman-cut LPs from a few years back - ‘Being There’ is demo quality.

25. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I have that BT from a few years back, and I listened to the new vinyl remaster the other day, and honestly, they sound pretty much the same to me (both great). I'm sure some audiophile with better gear than me can detect the subtle differences, but I can tell you they won't be major.

Jack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.