Wild Life / Red Rose Speedway Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sure, make it a #'d limited edition and I'd be in.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  2. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Good to know, grazie! I wonder how heavy the big box will be. Probably at least 4kg (8 pounds).

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. pork3

pork3 Forum Resident

How are my fellow Australians ordering? So far there are no Amazon AU or Official Stores listings, I'm trying to figure out how to proceed.

4. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

It depends on which box you're after but ImportCDs seem to have dropped their postage prices to Amazon levels recently so I think they are picking up a lot of the business. Unlike Amazon, they seem to have the ability to calculate the 10% tax.

5. pork3

pork3 Forum Resident

Thanks! I was hoping to get the 71-73 box, but it'll probably end up being about AU $600 so I might settle for the individual boxes. I was also looking at getting all three 2lp sets from DeepDiscount which works out around AU $180 (with shipping + tax included).

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Keep an eye on JPC.de as well - they're probably a bit more reliable and have better customer service than Importcds. Never preorder anything through the Australian Amazon store - all of my preorders come up as out of stock on release date and are either cancelled or placed on indefinite backorder. Australian Amazon is a farce.

siveld and pork3 like this.
  7. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

DHL is the worst! Super slow. Your package will sit in a warehouse for days before dispatching.

8. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

I'll back that up: DHL is indeed awful in the US, but it could very well be the case that DHL operates more efficiently in other countries. It might also be that the competitors that so outclass DHL in the US operate less effectively elsewhere. I wouldn't necessarily generalize these things across different markets.

mrjinks, Jayseph and gottafeelin like this.
  9. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

As long as I get a tracking number from the German udiscovermusic webstore, I don't mind waiting a bit. It's a long distance, and there's always some bureaucracy at Customs. At least I'll always know where the package is.

10. Tracey

Tracey Forum Resident

Same for me :)

11. pork3

pork3 Forum Resident

Agreed - I've had the same experience with all my pre-orders too. Still, everything else I've ordered from there has been pretty cheap and shown up quickly, and they gave me a $10 voucher for cancelling my Imagine box pre-order. The optimist in me says they'll pick up their game as a result, but I doubt it.

Frightwig likes this.
  12. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

I’ve been receiving parcels through DHL since many years, and every time the service here has been top notch. I even got several DHL packets mailed from New York, and they were delivered here in 3 (three!) days.
    In Europe DHL is one of the most reliable ones. And I assume the 16 € for shipping costs between Germany and Italy (requested on uDiscover DE for the Big Macca Box) mean a top priority thing.

mestreech and Rob Hughes like this.
  13. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Re UDiscover in the UK my order has gone from initial to confirmed - I know some folk were a bit concerned by the "initial" thing.
    Interestingly on the Home page and the pre order page no mention of these releases you have to search under Paul McCartney. Re their store like the rest of us no ones knows whether an album is by Paul and Linda McCartney, Paul McCartney, Paul McCartney and Wings, Wings or Paul and Linda McCartney and Wings.
    (ok I made the last one up).

14. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

UDiscover UK are the probably the cheapest option in the UK for the 71-73 box. Most orders from sites outside the EU would be likely to be hit by customs charges and the cost of administrating such charges. I agree re the Imagine set. Outside of vinyl one cd/blu-ray set at about £60 to £70 available from all sellers - job done.

jl151080 likes this.
  15. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

I just got a confirmation from MusicVaultz this morning.

16. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

I am also a fellow aussie. I have been ordering from import cds for year and have orders dozens and dozens of items . I have never had any issues. I cant recommend them highly enough.

Frightwig and siveld like this.
  17. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

udiscover de germany for me thats where I got the 71-73 box

18. anthony_beat

anthony_beat Forum Resident

Me too!

Tracey and dasacco like this.
  19. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Same here. Unfortunately I forgot the code on my order so re ordered and will cancel the first.

20. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Ok good to know you are not paying big bucks for something you consider to be a turd. In all honesty I would not do that either
    However I’m willing to pay what s required to get a luxurious, strictly limited box covering the Wings between 71-73. an interesting period were I even managed to see the band live. I actually considered buying 2 sets , sell one later and get my money back. Because this will be highly collectable items. However I only ordered one and don t feel any regret
    :)

21. WhispersAndWisecracks

WhispersAndWisecracks Forum Resident

Yes, me too. I guess they don't send emails over the weekend, haha.

Tracey and dasacco like this.
  22. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

23. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

24. shavedfish

shavedfish Forum Resident

Considering in reality that man fans will be looking to get all the material for FREE from various sites, I can see why Paul is charging so much for these deluxe box sets - those who spend will be more likely NOT share all the extras - yes some will.....my thoughts on this

25. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Indeed. When Amazon first listed the pair, we were looking at about £300 for the pair of them (now fractionally more reasonable at £290). At that rate, £320 for the Uber Exclusive set, an extra £30 for a special box, extra books and the exclusive content is a no-brainer.

Made me feel a little better about pre-ordering. Even if I felt my stomach drop when I checked my bank account yesterday! :sweating:

Phil_Lip and OobuJoobu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.