Wonder Woman (2017)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

She was "brought to life by Zeus." Normal rules of physiology don't apply.

Of course, they never do. The Black Widow, being just a normal human woman with uber combat training, still would have been crippled or killed within seconds of nearly every action scene she appears in, but hey, it's fantasy. :laugh:

Stratoblaster likes this.
  2. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I'm in! Marvel got caught flat-footed, DC has the first female-lead superhero movie and from these trailers it looks very good.

Encuentro likes this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

About time DC caught up.

4. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

On the subject of 'is Gal beautiful enough'.

[​IMG]

Things could be worse!

5. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

6. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Concerning Wonder Woman's origin, in the recent Post-Rebirth issues they have established that what we know of Diana's origin may not be true. One origin has her being formed from clay and given life by the gods (but her soul was that of her mother's unborn daughter), but another has her mother falling in love with a man who turned out to be Zeus in disguise (making Diana the daughter of Zeus). Last I read (a few months ago), Diana is on a quest to find the truth about herself.

7. Maybe we should demand she produce her birth certificate :tiphat:

tkl7, razerx, Encuentro and 1 other person like this.
  8. Solitaire1

I'm not sure if that would help. Considering the number of different versions of Wonder Woman (Earth-One, Earth-Two, Post-Crisis, WWII Era [where her mother was Wonder Woman], Superwoman [an evil version of Wonder Woman from the Anti-Matter Universe who is married to Ultraman [their version of Superman], while having an affair with Owlman [their version of Batman]), could any of their birth certificates be considered valid?

Yes, comic books tend to be very confusing...and the above was fairly simple compared to other topics (see when Superman and Luthor first met...which would likely take at least a dozen paragraphs to explain).

9. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

10. John1026

John1026 Member

It's about time we have a blockbuster movie about a female superhero. All other movies about female superheroes didn't do well at the box office.

11. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

I really hope this movie does well. Trailers look pretty decent too I should say. And director Patty Jenkins seems to have an idea on how to bring her to life on the silver screen too, so I'll trust her judgement. Also, as far as her origin goes - I hope they include her being formed from clay part over Hippolyta bearing a child from Zeus - meh!

12. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Final Trailer:

Encuentro likes this.
  13. Solitaire1

This also applies to many male superheroes who don't have superpowers. As an example, one of the things that makes Batman superhuman is that he is at world-level for the following: Weight lifting, running, swimming, and jumping. It isn't that he has each of the abilities, it is possible one person to have one of those abilities. What makes Batman superhuman is that he has them all at the same time.

dkmonroe likes this.
  14. alexpop

The bat can't fly.

15. Solitaire1

Man-Bat can.

16. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Saw a good trailer of it before Guardians.

I agree on Gal. Pretty but a little too skinny.

blind_melon1 likes this.
  17. alexpop

Powerful pins.

18. Johnny Rocker

Johnny Rocker Well-Known Member

I always wondered about that invisible plane of hers....[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You can still see her in the air.:D:righton::-popcorn:

19. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

You just know she would always be misplacing it, hell I can't find my car half the time and it's visable.

Johnny Rocker likes this.
  20. inperson

inperson Senior Member

In this picture not even attractive.

21. inperson

inperson Senior Member

I will have this show on METV when I am doing other stuff (online, music, whatever) but whenever Lynda starts running I pay attention. She really is a beautiful woman.

dewey02 likes this.
  22. alexpop

When did D.C. lose the comic war with Marvel 1964?

23. Dr. Pepper

Probably '65ish psychologically, but in terms of sales probably not until '69 or so.

alexpop likes this.
  24. alexpop

I would have thought "sales " wise way earlier.

25. Dr. Pepper

Found a chart, '66 was about a tie then Marvel took the lead in '67!

alexpop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.