Yellow Brick Road matrix question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ctE500, Jul 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctE500

ctE500 Member Thread Starter

I did a search but didn't come up with anything. What matrix number on the DJM label indicates a first pressing. Or is this an example where there is a "hot" stamper and I just need to buy a bunch of them to get the best pressing?

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Should be A1. My copy is DJLP 1001 A4, B5, C3, D3.

3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

My copy is an A3, B4, C3, D2. It sounds fantastic. Also the DJM's are cool because you can see through the vinyl in a heavy light just like the MFSL's....

Todd

4. ctE500

That's what I was thinking. I have 4 DJM's and they are similiar to yours. The one i'm lookig at now is: A3, B4, C3, D2

5. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

My record has found his long lost brother!! Tell us what you think of that pressing. My copy sounds great. What differences have you heard with your 4 different pressings? Also, try and contact sellers before buying another and make sure you find -1's on all sides. I bet that may be very difficult to locate in decent condition and for a decent price. Maybe look for a -2. Does side 4 (-2) sound much better to your ears than the others?

Todd

6. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Mine is beat and sounds great. I really did my "sink" thing to this record, because truthfully, this one sounded like HELL when I got it from this eBay'er from the UK. It's a very quiet pressing, very dynamic. :)

7. ctE500

Yeah, twins separated at birth :D Born in England and 30 years later, we find out both are living in the NYC area. We could make a movie about this!! the different pressings I have are separated mostly by the condition of the record. Interestingly, they all have very similiar matrix's. Maybe i'll e-mail Graham from e-bay (you know, the STUNNING!!!!!!! guy) and see if he has any A1 pressings.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.