YES "Fly From Here" with re-recorded vocals in 2017?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Musician95616, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

to keep this off topic; I quite like Heaven & Earth. Not a great album by a mile, but still enough nice moments that makes me enjoy it.
    The acoustic version of To Ascend is wonderful

2. Joseph LeVie

Joseph LeVie Forum Resident

I haven’t written off the last two albums, but, I just don’t enjoy them yet. I’ll keep working on them and hope they grow on me over the years. I wish they sounded better.

3. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

interesting that you would say that. I suppose you talk about fidelity?
    I find the japanese cd to sound very good indeed. No loudness war issues AT ALL. You can really turn it up

4. Can we get this back on track? Some of us are interested in information about when/if FFH with the new vocals will see a general release—without wading through all the usual off topic crap that any discussion of Yes seems to generate on this board. Take it to another thread.

keiron99 and Nick Scott like this.
  5. Joseph LeVie

Really? Hmmmm. I’m kind of a sucker. Maybe I’ll give it a try. Overall, I’ve found a lot of Japanese CDs brighter than I like, but, I can EQ out brightness. I can’t undo compression.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  6. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

must play it again to see if I'm remembering correctly!!

back on track; fingers crossed for a vinyl release of the new FFH. I'm guessing before summer 2018

7. Joseph LeVie

I would go for the FFH on vinyl as well.

24voltsdc likes this.
  8. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

What album are you talking about? My european "Heaven and Earth" sounds nice and dynamic, my FFH is brickwalled.

9. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

I was talking about Heaven and Earth!! The japanese version...
    [​IMG]

John Bliss likes this.
  10. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

To each their own.

11. John Bliss

Yeah, not going to happen. For a bunch of reasons.

12. John Bliss

Look out for the 'Anderson is God and can do no wrong' bunch.

13. John Bliss

More Producers. More product! Yay. I hadn't heard about a Buggles project, that's great news.

14. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

Ah yes, "Heaven and Earth" sounds very nice on the european CD too.

NorthNY Mark likes this.
  15. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Senior Member

Yes--whatever its flaws, loudness war lack of dynamics is definitely not among them. I personally find it to be a rather nice pop album with some proggy touches here and there. I can see why many Yes fans find it un-Yes-like, but I don't share the opinion that it's a bad album in absolute terms. I prefer it to Union, Talk, and The Ladder.

gja586, 24voltsdc and ledsox like this.
  16. Apparently, not.

Say It Right likes this.
  17. Thoughtships

Thoughtships Forum Resident

Nobody's stopping you.

18. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Irrelevant, go to YES.Fans.com and you'll get a true perspective of how this album is rated in their cannon!
    I also give more credence to ratings on sites like Amazon (a solid 4 1/2 stars) than any of those sites you mention which are Troll driven! Prog archives is the worst for that, unless things have changed since I stopped posting over five years ago!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  19. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

I for one like Fly From Here. While I would be curious to hear Trevor sing the songs, I am happy with it the way it is. Frankly I thought Fly From here was the best thing Yes had done since the Keys To Ascension studio tracks.

20. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I take your point, but your timeframe (25 years) means you're going back to 1992.

Since then, I consider Yes albums that are worth engaging to be Talk, the studio Keys material, The Ladder, Magnification, and FFH. For me that leaves Open Your Eyes and Heaven & Earth as "lesser" Yes albums in that timeframe. I'm not really counting the new studio material on Ultimate Yes, as it's not all that impressive, but it's not really a true album either.

21. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I completely agree with your assessment of the post 92 albums. I also feel that they are all good except Open Your Eyes and Heaven & Earth.

walrus likes this.
  22. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

Spinning the FFH vinyl right now, great album, don't get the hate, better sonics than cd too. Also curious about this new version.

John Bliss, 24voltsdc and Roberto899 like this.
  23. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

:laughup:

AidanB and Tristero like this.
  24. In addition to Trevor recently teasing a new Buggles studio project along with a possible musical based on their catalogue, 2018 will see the core trio behind The Art of Noise performing live once again, plus they've been showing pictures of 1986/7 era tape boxes on their official social media profiles, suggesting an expanded remaster of In No Sense? Nonsense! that will hopefully match the quality of its predecessor, In Visible Silence, which they reissued earlier this year (for what it's worth, I consider that one of the best sounding archival packages I've heard in a very long time). Anyway, I'm sorry for derailing this thread further...

John Bliss likes this.
  25. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

I agree. It's a great record. I'm happy with the vocals just as they are. But, I am curious to hear Trevor sing the songs as well and want to hear the unreleased song. Hopefully will be released on vinyl.

Roberto899, anduandi and John Bliss like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.