You might want to check out Deep Discount

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by syogusr, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syogusr

syogusr New Member Thread Starter

I just about had a heart attack! Thought I would do a search on their web-site for Mo-Fi and DCC, and whoa!!!!!

Placed an order for Ringo, just under $25, for Nat King Cole(GH) for just under $25, and Jim Croce, Gold in a Bottle, just under $22!!!!!

It says will ship in about 10 days, I then called them, and they said this was legit! This is a relatively new company, I figured they wouldn't put these discs on their site if they more-or- less didn't exist. They have many DCC Gold, and the same for MO-FI, also many DCC aluminum. But no Ram:( . Better check it out fast, don't know how long it will last:)

2. srigby

srigby Active Member

I have had all of those CD's you mentioned plus some, on backorder for almost 2 months, I also have had them cancel several other DCC orders on me. I hope you get the ones you ordered but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Scott

3. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

Same here. I ordered around 30 titles 2 months ago and only one shipped. Several other have come up "discontinued" and taken off of their site. Not trying to be a party-pooper...good luck!

4. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Same here, ordered a bunch of DCC, none shipped.

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I ordered the Ringo DCC disc in a fit of optimism last week and got the standard "Backordered" e-mail. I don't really expect to see it, but if it shows up, hooray!

Regards,

6. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

That was one of the ones I ordered, after a while of backordered, they sent me an email saying it is unavailable. Obviously, they don't bother to take things of their site even when they can't get it.

7. N25060s

N25060s Member

Bear Family Boxes

How is D.D.'s fill rate on Bear boxes. They seem to have the lowest prices on those I've ever seen. How many days/weeks does it take to get Bear Family from them? Thanks!

8. stinsojd

stinsojd Senior Member

Ordered 3 Bear Family Boxes (Marty Robbins) on 07/14/2002. All were backordered. Received 2 of 3 today (08/08/2002). Remaining box is backordered till 08/16/2002. Great prices, and I didn't think the wait was that long. Their web site is pretty uninformative regarding order status (at least it was on this order - my first from them.) However, their 800 number is prominently posted on their site, and the rep I spoke with was very helpful. I'll definitely order more from them. I haven't found better Bear Family prices anywhere else. Free shipping is also hard to beat.

But you will need patience.

9. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Just in case Ken, my birthday is at the end of September. But if "Ringo" doesn't show up, I'll understand.:cool:

10. Dawson

Dawson New Member

Best Bear Family prices ever!

Checked out Deep Discount and compared Bear Family prices to an Ebay dealer I've dealt with over the past couple years. Look at these comparisons.....

Hank Snow - Singing Ranger vol 4

Deep Discount price: $207.88 + free shipping
    Cdwolf price: $140.00 + around $5 shipping

Hank Snow - Thesaurus Transcriptions

Deep Discount price: $103.93 + free shipping
    Cdwolf price : $66.00 + around $5 shipping

Dick Curless - Tombstone Every Mile

Deep Discount price: $166.30 + free shipping
    Cdwolf price: $110.00 plus around $5 shipping

Dick Curless - Hard Hard Traveling Man

Deep Discount price: $103.93 + free shipping
    Cdwolf price: $66.00 + around $5 shipping

Single Bear Family discs go for 14.50 + shipping from The Wolf!

Wolfgang is based out of South Carolina and only sells what he has in stock at the time. He may special order some of the stranger stuff for you like the German pop issues and whatnot. Tops in my book all the way, prices can't be beat, shipping is fast and I've never had a mistake on anything in two years of dealing. Here's a hint, bid if you wish but just the minimum required. If someone tops you, wait a couple weeks and it will come around again. Email him and perhaps he'll offer a straight sale.

To find The Wolf.....search Ebay by seller's name: cdwolf or search for whatever Bear Family release you're looking for, you'll find him.

Best!

11. syogusr

Mike: Try this: Send them an e-mail complaining about this situation, and they just might send you an apology, with a 10% discount code attached with their reply! (No expiration on it, either). That is what I did, and what I received, also an explanation about how their vendors loading in OOP titles and the like, without DDCD knowing about it. They said they were correcting the situation. I will be using the 10% on Stones releases:)

12. stinsojd

stinsojd Senior Member

Regarding Best Bear Family Prices Ever

I think the eBay seller known as Wolfgang also has a web site where you can order directly from him. The web site is: http://www.cdwolf.com. I checked his prices before placing my order with Deep Discount CD. Maybe you can have better luck with him on eBay, but here's what I found regarding my order:

Item #1: Marty Robbins : Country 1951-1958 (5 CDs)

CD Wolf Price: 69.00 + shipping ($5.00)
    Deep Discount: 62.01 + FREE shipping

Item #2: Marty Robbins : Under Western Skies (4 CDs)
    CD Wolf Price: 69.00 + shipping ($5.00)
    Deep Discount: 54.71 + FREE shipping

Item #3: Marty Robbins : Country 1960-1966 (4 CDs)
    CD Wolf Price: 69.00+ shipping ($5.00)
    Deep Discount: 54.71 + FREE shipping

I guess it depends on how patient you are when it comes to these things. Definitely, at least judging by his prices on the web on these items, Deep Discount was still the best deal.

As usual, you gotta shop around.

13. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Thanks,I got the same msg from them a couple days ago, with the discount.

14. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

Don't depend on this site! They rarely have what they offer and when they do it's too high priced! Try it if you are skeptic!

15. syogusr

16. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

17. syogusr

They have been upfront with me and many others about the DCC, etc. issue; and have said 'persons' operating their site put these on without DDCD's knowledge, and DD have now issued me two, 10% discounts in apology of their error. I have not had anyone do that to me, yet!

18. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

How much are they selling the Stones SACD's for?

Todd

19. syogusr

Todd: Single discs are $12.97, Doubles are $28.04, and the Singles Collection is $42.08, all including S&H. I don't think that is too bad, but I will have to admit, that there are some 'imperative' CD's that they should have and don't, while Cheap-CD's usually does!

20. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Thanks for the info!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.