Your experience w/ Acoustic Sounds "pre-owned" vinyl offerings

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MikePh, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikePh

MikePh Forum Resident/Song and Dance Man Thread Starter

I'm curious about your experience with Acoustic Sounds fairly new listings of used vinyl.

Opinions on grading and value for the price? Any interesting discoveries?

:wave:

2. MikePh

MikePh Forum Resident/Song and Dance Man Thread Starter

Well, I took a chance and was really disappointed.

"Near Mint" Sam Phillips vinyl had sawcut, ringwear and several small scratches to the vinyl. Not even a canned empathetic reply to my complaint about it.

Think I'll avoid them for "pre-owned" and new items and start spreading my dollars at Amazon and Music Direct.

3. dosjam

dosjam Forum Resident

I bought about 10-20 when they first started selling used vinyl. They were all described as NM- or better. They all were mint except for an EMI 100 copy of the Specials. It has a bump near the edge which is very difficult to see until you hear a thump. I held onto it anyways.

I also ordered an Arvo Part album with the caveat being if the side lengths were 25 minutes or more, don't send it. They didn't. I would order again but their prices have gone up.

4. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

My experience is their mint or near mint grading is generous. They've accepted returns, but I had to pay return shipping.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

You should return it.

These guys cater to the audiophile market. There's no excuse for anything less than precise grading.

6. grizzly

grizzly New Member

When did used become "pre-owned"?

7. pick-me-up

pick-me-up Straight shooter from S/FI

Not a clue … Maybe it sounds a little more fancy! ;)

8. pbda

pbda Forum Resident

I've bought around a dozen used LPs from Acoustic Sounds, and every LP has been pristine.

Unfortunately their used vinyl tends to be expensive.

9. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

I guess I was lucky...got a 1982 Beatles mono "White Album" for $100. Looked (and sounded) unplayed, pristine white cover, all inserts included in great shape. Needless to say I was happy with 'em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.