Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well that's a relief. I'd still rather the audiobook be sold separately, but good to know we're not getting fleeced.

Kevin55 likes this.
  2. The Killer

The Killer Big Town Tom Cat

I know it's download and all that but you can get that from Qobuz for less than a tenner!

The Beave likes this.
  3. The Killer

I've got that Bronco Buster CD - good stuff. I know his RCA stuff went away from pure country but there's still some great songs, I love these two from the 12 track best of.

melstapler and RSteven like this.
  4. The Killer

5. The Killer

Just to keep it remotely Bear I've got the Tennessee Plowboy box which is a fine set of music.

[​IMG]

6. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Forum Resident

People that works at Bear Family now has more wages than in 1992,26 years ago.

melstapler and baptistbusman like this.
  7. Svein Arne

Bear Family can make many CD boxes with Eddy Arnold.listen to this from 1978:

The Killer and melstapler like this.
  8. Svein Arne

9. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

@melstapler submitted this for his free Lefty reissue, but Bear Family denied his request because there seems to have been a prior relationship.

[​IMG]

10. The Killer

I'm gonna send BF my bear pictures and see if it gets me any free stuff.

[​IMG]

melstapler, Rick Bartlett and RSteven like this.
  11. The Killer

Been giving the BF disc of Donny Young/Johnny Paycheck a spin today, if you want hard core honky tonk it doesn't get much better than this, you can hear Paycheck getting his voice together from sounding so young to developing the vocal style we all know and love. Come on Bear goddamit where's our box set?

[​IMG]

12. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

I found this Archive photo of The Killer fighting The Grizzly Bear, but I do not think the guys at Bear Family will accept it for a free Lefty box upgrade.

They did not question whether The Grizzly Bear was his wife in a costume, but disqualified The Killer because he lost the match and was later accused of throwing the fight.

[​IMG]

13. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

A later follow-up showed that The Killer denied throwing the fight in court, and the judge dismissed the case after The Killer mumbled that he knew which side of the bread was buttered, or maybe that he knew who buttered his toast. Anyway, it had to do with butter and bread.

14. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

You tell em' Killer! arrrrrhhhhhh! :wantsome:
    Gave this a spin a couple a days ago too! I love this disc!
    If was in the Bear Family business, I wouldn't mess with a dude named 'Killer'!
    Be afraid, be very afraid.......
    :hide:

The Killer and melstapler like this.
  15. Rick Bartlett

Joe Maphis showing off his unbelievable talents!

16. Rick Bartlett

this is a great companion disc, but seems to be another difficult one to find now:
    [​IMG]
    Bear Family were also a distributor of this, but even on their site, it's unavailable!
    Nowhere To Run - The Little Darlin Years | Bear Family Records
    There's not even copies on eBay...
    :mad:

17. The Killer

There's one on my shelf!

18. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Bear + Mountain man = Bear Family :laugh:

19. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

The other day I got Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup's Rocks comp. I could only recommend it to someone who really likes "That's All Right" because so many of the other songs are basically slight variations of it. If you know his other song covered by Elvis, "My Baby Left Me", that's roughly the scope of diversity among half the tracks.

The Omni label (no relation to Omnivore) is an enigma. They have no web presence and many of their releases (including the above Johnny Paycheck) seem to go out of print very quickly. I've considered tracking that one down, but it's missing some of his 60's hits like "A-11" and "The Lovin' Machine" so I instead went with the Country Music Foundation's Paycheck collection.

20. Rick Bartlett

If you can get a hold of a copy of the Omni release, you wont be disappointed. Quality is excellent and it has
    a decent booklet as well. It's a pity considering it only came out in 2009, and yet it seems to be off the grid now.
    It wont be a big deal, WHEN Bear Family do their extensive Johnny Paycheck box set....

21. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

The Eddy Arnold Bear Family 1CD "Tears Broke Out On Me" is an enjoyable compilation featuring a whopping 33 songs and was a nice surprise back in 2011. I'd be curious to know if all of these tracks will be included in the forthcoming comprehensive box set, but every Eddy Arnold fan should already own this enjoyable 1CD.
    [​IMG]

22. Mychael

Mychael Forum Resident

23. Svein Arne

melstapler and Rick Bartlett like this.
  24. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

melstapler and rod like this.
  25. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

melstapler and RSteven like this.