Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Eric Carlson

Eric Carlson Forum Resident

Yes, Jack the Bear in particular.

melstapler, Dave Garrett and Tribute like this.
  2. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Forum Resident

I have the vinyl box.On 13 of the records are replica of original record covers.They look so great.

melstapler, The Killer and RSteven like this.
  3. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone order the Hank Cochran CDs yet? They're available on Amazon Germany and UK, but not on North American sites until November 9th.

melstapler likes this.
  4. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Don't let all those goodies sway ya Killer.
    You can do it, You don't need it!
    I'm not in the slightest bit interested in the new deluxe re-modelled extra unreleased material............
    [​IMG]

melstapler, The Killer and RSteven like this.
  5. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

So, are ALL the CDs in the mini-LP covers, or are they in pockets in a folio, or are they in traditional plastic jewel boxes?

melstapler likes this.
  6. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I have decided to run for political office and use my campaign contributions to buy the Lefty Frizzell box. I figure that is a scandalous act that would be overlooked in this climate.

If anyone here wishes to contribute to my campaign, let me know by "liking" this post.

My platform will include the usual promises plus some new ones. Provide subsidies to Bear Family, make all Bear Family purchases tax deductible, all postal shipping of Bear Family is free, and licenses to Bear Family for any recordings made in the USA are made free by law. No strings.

All public schools will also get 10 Bear Family boxes per year.

Oh, one more. All these so-called country music radio stations must program at least 33% of their air-time to Bear Family products, or lose their FCC license. No changing formats. All cities will be required to have at least one station that follows a 33% rule. They can play any style in the rest, but it must include basic roots/jazz/blues/gospel/soul/folk/early RnR for at least another 33%

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    AlmanacZinger, Mr. H, DR.J and 5 others like this.
  7. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

And lo, it soon came to pass that a bumpersticker shrouded in legend began to appear with increasing frequency upon the vehicles of a music-starved nation:

Tribute 2020 - The Alternative is Unbearable

8. Mychael

Mychael Forum Resident

There's an unpacking video earlier in this thread (and on the product page in the BF shop).

melstapler likes this.
  9. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Cast my vote! Tribute 2020 - Together We Will!
    [​IMG]
    @Tribute wearing a power bowtie

Rick Bartlett, The Killer and Tribute like this.
  10. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

11. Rick Bartlett

With a power slogan, 'Make Bear Family artist focused box sets Great Again!'

melstapler and RSteven like this.
  12. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Nice, but not Bear Family :cheers:

13. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

That slogan would look great on a baseball cap.

[​IMG]

melstapler, RSteven and Rick Bartlett like this.
  14. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

It would be nice if we had functioning anti-trust laws...

melstapler likes this.
  15. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

You had me thinking there was a third box for a second.

In related-ish news I just got some Sonny Osborne signature strings for my banjo. :agree:

melstapler likes this.
  16. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Many politicians say we don't need "anti-trust" laws, because hardly anyone trusts politicians without any such laws

melstapler and RSteven like this.
  17. Rick Bartlett

Crash Craddock.
    He was big here in OZ for his rock'n'roll material.
    This album is epic.
    [​IMG]
    Bear Family put out this one, which I'm ashamed to admit is not in my collection:
    [​IMG]
    Excellent material, and the tracks are still great in my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  18. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I wrote to Ernie (of Ernie B's) at his new business and asked him if he hopes to get back into labels like Bear Family and Ace.

Here is his business

Millions of Records
    PO Box 5309
    El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

Phone: (916) 586-9410

[email protected]

www.MillionsOfRecords.com

This is his reply:

Many thanks for your email.
    My plan is:
    1. Raise cash by selling off what I have access to now – a lot of product that has been sent to me on consignment from friends, labels, etc.
    2. Use the cash to build the main website, which will be feature-rich and much easier to use.
    3. Once momentum has been attained with the new website and the cash flow I will get back into distributing all of the great labels everyone is asking for, precisely the ones you mentioned and many more.
    In the meantime my website will have tons of out of print CDs/vinyl for everyone to feast off. I’ll be adding a huge amount of titles over the coming months.

Thank you very much for your interest and your support. Very much appreciated!
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

19. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I got my campaign motto (see above). I can set this up so all of my contributors will donate directly to an account at Bull Moose Records to send me the new Lefty box. (note the politics in that, remember the Bull Moose Party, when Teddy Roosevelt tried to defeat the two party system). This will avoid all campaign finance law issues. The way I see it, you are just trying to educate me about where you are coming from, which is basically Lefty (or Righty, whatever).

My motto is a time worn oldie that wins every time:

"If You've Got the Money, I've Got the Time!"

20. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Will Ernie be a cabinet member?

melstapler, Tribute and RSteven like this.
  21. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

If one of my supporters can buy me a Cabinet that is designed to hold Bear Family boxes, I will make a special shelf for boxes from Ernie. I will also praise Ernie every time I put a Bear Family CD on the player. Ernie will always be in the Cabinet.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    melstapler and Mr. H like this.
  22. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

And we will also include a space in the Cabinet for CDWolf, wherever you are.

melstapler, Mr. H and spanky1 like this.
  23. maloney

maloney music collector and archivist

I saw Crash in Concert at Tweed Heads on the Gold coast in Queensland a few years back , wow ! how gtreat was he onstage one of the greatest live showmen I've ever seen .

24. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

How neat! Did Crash play any of the early rock material or was it a set with mostly post-1960s songs?

maloney, RSteven and Rick Bartlett like this.
  25. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Couple of new ones a comin' in; Johnny Tillotson Outtakes, a search doesn't show him up so this seems to be a first mench, sounds very much pop with a country-ish tinge, very Nashville Sound, lots of classic country songs, all sounds pretty good to me. Notes say it's all Cadence stuff 1958 - 1963.

Also picked up the Gene Vincent Outtakes, mainly because it was a very good price, I've always shied away from this one as there are sooo many repeats over six discs, bit like the Carl Perkins set. Might be one I move on, we'll see.