You've Been Trumped Documentary

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scotian, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed Thread Starter

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The website needs to be updated. I don't think there's any chance of Donald Trump running for President, ever. (Although if he picked Sarah Palin as his running mate, I'd pay money just to watch them campaign together.)

ArneW likes this.
  3. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

The less I say (about Mr. Trump), the more my work gets done.

4. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed Thread Starter

I think the chances grow less and less with everyone that sees this film. I don't think I can stand to watch this season of Celebrity Apprentice.

5. ringosshed

ringosshed Forum Resident

Odious racist stupid git.

SuntoryTime likes this.
  6. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Perhaps the original post-er just discovered this film. I seem to recall hearing about this (Trump buying up land for a gold resort and the locals' opposition) about three or four years ago in a TV segment for a "news" magazine show. (I believe he bought the land back in 2006.) The doc appears to have premiered at a Canadian film fest in May 2011. It was released theatrically in the USA in August 2012 - total box office gross was $28,000 - and shown on UK TV in October 2012. I imagine the website was set up at the time and doubt if it will ever be updated. Not much interest in it (on a wide scale) to begin with and what interest there has waned with time. The doc seems geared to people whom already actively dislike Trump. My guess is that the Trump resort is never built and he flips the land for a profit.

BTW, there was never any chance of Trump of running for President. I'm not a fan of Trump's TV show, but he does have some qualities I admire. His ego's insatiable appetite for attention isn't one of them. The self promoted rumours of running for President were never genuine - just a ploy for attention. And it worked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.