Zeppelin Concert Poster Value??

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by adamdube, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamdube

adamdube Forum Resident Thread Starter

Someone is selling their Zeppelin concert poster local to me....am wondering about value and how to check if it's a fake or not....

What might this be worth?

here is a pic......apparently only 2 pin holes in the bottom.....otherwise MINT.

Attached Files:

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

You need Pawn Stars' guy right about now...:agree: He authenticated a Hendrix poster the other night.

3. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

Attached Files:

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Sure hope Adam checks back in before giving that guy any money.

5. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

That was my first thought as well. The color is what screamed fake to me.

Darryl

6. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

It's not the color so much as how "new" it looks. Usually that's a very good giveaway.

Heck, you could smell the thing and probably be able to tell that way.

7. davmar77

i collect posters although i don't have a huge collection compared to some i know. i am always amazed at some of the fakes that folks fall for. i have a bunch from the new orleans jazz fest and many more 60's fillmore era ones including handbills and tickets.

8. Take a look on gigposters.com and see if it's cataloged. Should show you some recent pricing too if one has been sold through there.

9. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I've seen this poster all over ebay going for nothing really.

If this was ever an original then it's been copied to death.

But PM shinedaddy he's the resident Zeppelin concert poster expert on this forum. He knows his stuff. He's been collecting for years and for a time in the early 2000's he was my sparring partner on ebay :)

He'll give the straight answer but my money is on don't bother paying much more than $10-$20 depending on how much you like it.

Eddie

10. adamdube

adamdube Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I also leaned towards a fake when I saw it. Too crisp to be that old. I laughed outloud when the guy said he wanted a grand for it. I ended up finding a pair of Marantz MA500u's for 40 later that day so it all worked out

11. davmar77

old can be crisp. depends on the condition the owner kept it in. i have a 1968 oversized handbill from the carousel ballroom of monk and dr. john that's in great shape and a round poster from 1968 from l.a. of the jefferson airplane, canned heat and buffalo springfield also in excellent shape. both are originals. these scans are not from mine but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

12. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

its a fake, printed after the show around 1981. one of the earliest ones but still not a then current advertising poster. Eddie is right, I am kinda of an expert, having what some consider the second best Zeppelin collection of concert posters in the world. My name on other forums is actually Zepconcertposters, if that gives you any indication how serious I am and have posted here asking for them to buy, without luck, I might add!!!!

as far as I can remember there are no actual then current gig posters from either the 77 or 75 US tours....I just cant think of one. there was of course the 75 UK Earls Court but that thing has been booted 100 times too.....

this is an FYI since it seems you concluded it was prob a fake anyways. you were right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.