ZOO (new TV series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John B Good, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

I thought I'd watch this because the promos suggested the animals were revolting against human tyranny. . About time I thought.

Turns out it's about a rogue corporation's genetic meddling is causing the animals to become capable of doing us a lot of harm, so we have to get on top of the animals...

And who hired this A-team anyway? (5 lovable characters including an African Mr T roving the world). Not clear to me.

But hilarious scenes, such as the rats in the hotel, and Queen Rat, though I never got a good glimpse of her.:(

tonyc likes this.
  2. I take it for what it is, cheesy summer escapism. I still don't know why somebody decided this group could save the world by themselves. I didn't see the Queen Rat either. They must have decided to save some CGI money.

tonyc and John B Good like this.
  3. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I thought the first couple of episodes were intriguing. But, the last three just totally collapsed. Plot holes everywhere. Setting up stories with no resolution like the professor's daughter and her dog. And the ending totally ridiculous sending the team out ALONE to go on a boat to get the solution that will save the world.

I noticed this was a "Season Finale" and not a "Series Finale". If they dare try to bring this back, I'm out.

John B Good likes this.
  4. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Yeah, I wouldn't carry on with them either.

5. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Has anyone read the book? I would be interested in how the series was the same or different and whether or not this season ended how the book did or if there is more they could tell from it.

6. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I watched the first 2-3 episodes but lost interest after that. I did see the last part of the last episode. Not sure I will continue to watch if there is another season.

7. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I cannot believe this is coming back June 28th. And even worse previews hint there are cast members who somehow survived the last season finale. I'm out!

8. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Okay, I lied. I quickly skimmed through the two hour premiere to see how they got out of the season finale. They backed up the car! 10,000 animals ready to kill them from the front but not one behind the vehicle. Anyway, the finale from this episode was equally ridiculous. An elephant barely not able to keep up with a plane taking off. And everyone survives until next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.