$10 Led Zeppelin Classic Records Reissues! The Music.com

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by imarcq, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

I had heard from a friend of a friend kinda thing (so this might be completely false) that shipments from Amazon get fast-tracked through Customs because Customs knows that there's no need to inspect any packages since Amazon always put the correct value on the packaging. So if they're under AUD $1,000 there's no duty payable.
    I know for sure that I have gotten packages from the UK at lightning speed, so perhaps this is true for Amazon UK more than for Amazon USA.

EDIT: sorry for any lurkers in this thread if we're getting a little OT.

2. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Two orders of 4 LP's each placed 18/6 & 23/6 both arrived today carrying Dutch Post stickers and were delivered by Australia Post. Whatever method was used it certainly wasn't USPS. The address labels were nearly illegible, l am amazed they got to me but glad they did, some great LP's in this lot so really not complaining too much.

3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley... Thread Starter

It would seem that all the stuff from themusic (I assume yours were too?) posted around the end of June, all seem to be arriving NOW. Mine showed yesterday as I posted earlier. I checked mine and it was Deutsche Post, Frankfurt and Niederaula (from Germany [Allemagne in French language]) not Dutch. But I think you might have meant that anyway?

4. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Yes sorry Germany not Holland, and both orders from The Music. It looks like a whole stack of orders went through Europe on their way to Australia. Beats me why???

5. imarcq

I think it's called The Long Way Around! I would guess that maybe Deutsche Post have some kind of bulk mail arrangement with a carrier in the USA that they can latch onto at a bargain price - how else could they afford to send the vinyl in those reinforced heavy boxes, even if it's just a single LP with no cover, when anyone else would stuff it into those common USA mailers that always dent the edges - so it obviously means waiting until a whole batch fulfills the order. But really, I'd love to know from someone who knows for sure - I'm intrigued...

6. buckeye1010

buckeye1010 Zephead Buckeye

They still have BBC Disc2 w/jacket for $20, FYI

7. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Hey, let's keep it on topic. Shipping updates only. :shh:

8. buckeye1010

buckeye1010 Zephead Buckeye

sorry! ;)

In Ohio, USA, shipping my BBC disks 1&2 took about 5 days, if I recall. It may have took an extra day for their hand select, so I'll cut them some slack:righton:

Sorry to hear about the trouble in the lower hemisphere.

9. imarcq

Depends from where you are viewing your hemisphere lol ;) Or perhaps themusic used CNN's 'Map of Australia' that swaps Queensland with Tasmania haha...easy mistake - only a few thousand K's difference hahaha :)

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/02/cnns-upside-down-map-of-australia.html

10. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

So a recent email from TheMusic.com said that they had Louis Armstrong Plays King Oliver 200g in stock for $19 without a jacket. I read the description carefully to make sure I'd be getting the whole album, not just one disc as is often listed.

I get it today, and it's just one disc. Isn't this a 4lp (at least) set? At this price I paid more for a single disc on average, without a jacket, than I'd pay on eBay for the whole set. Did anyone else order this? Did I misread the description?

11. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

If it is a two sided LP with 12 songs playable at 33.3 rpm you have the whole recording. Not a bad price.

12. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

2 sided LP with 2 songs, playable at 45rpm.

13. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

they released a 45 rpm single with St James Infirmary for about $20, side 2 had I Ain't Got Nobody. Is this what you have?

14. joshbg2k

joshbg2k Forum Resident

Yep that's the one. Maybe I misunderstood what I was buying. Sounds great though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.