2020 Yamaha Integrated Amps A-S1200/2200/3200

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Deadly_Icy_Calm, Mar 27, 2020.

1. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Anyone using the stock power cord with theirs ? The 2200 comes with (and I assume the others as well in this series ) what seems to be a heavier duty Power cord (as compared to their AV receivers for example). I have used aftermarket power cords with decent success on my AV system. But not sure on this one. The manual actually says do not use one other than the one provided but that could just be a general disclaimer. Seems like a beefy cord for something that came in the box .. just curious. :)

2. OC Zed

OC Zed Bludgeon Riffola

Yes, I've been using an Audioquest Monsoon cable for the last 9 months or so. I wouldn't worry about the manual disclaimer on sticking with the stock cable.

MikeJedi likes this.
  3. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

This is what came with my Yamaha CD S3000...
    [​IMG]
    I don't think I would recommend them!

Uglyversal, George P and MikeJedi like this.
  4. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Lol. I am looking at getting a Pangea AC14SE or possibly an AudioQuest NRG series . :)

5. HIRES_FAN

HIRES_FAN Forum Resident

There's a guy in my circle who owns Yam's C5000+M5000 stack and raves about it all day. But, i haven't had a chance to go and hear it at his place yet. At 20k for the stack, it is out of my budget, but, one can dream!!

OC Zed and MikeJedi like this.
  6. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

For that money you'll hope they sound good.

HIRES_FAN and MikeJedi like this.
  7. OC Zed

OC Zed Bludgeon Riffola

Did he also spring for the GT-5000 turntable and the NS-5000 speakers?

8. HIRES_FAN

HIRES_FAN Forum Resident

He doesn't have the gt-5000 & ns-5000 to my knowledge.

9. HIRES_FAN

HIRES_FAN Forum Resident

Agreed. I hope i discover oil or diamonds in my backyard one day so i can buy things like these. :D

Uglyversal likes this.
  10. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

I'm using a PS Audio power cable with my A-S1100. I never actually tried to stock cable when I hooked it up... Maybe I should give it a go.

11. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Mike... I'm using a Signal Cable MagicPower PC with my A-S1000. Definitely not high end but more substantial than the stock PC. I think a good quality aftermarket PC would be fine and not cause any issues.

MikeJedi likes this.
  12. aunitedlemon

aunitedlemon Unity is in the pith.

If you haven't found a deal yet, I can also recommend calling Hifi Heaven. I just spoke w/ Jim their and he sold me a S3200 @ $2500 off. I was inquiring about the S2200 and a closeout S3000. Since they didn't actually have the closeout S3000 shown on their site, he offered me the S3200 for 10% over the closeout price of the S3000. And now I anxiously await it's arrival...:bdance:

Shawn, bluemooze, MikeJedi and 5 others like this.
  13. OC Zed

OC Zed Bludgeon Riffola

I've been thinking about selling my S3000 for the S3200, although I'm not sure if that would be a big jump in performance. I'll be curious to hear your impressions.

14. aunitedlemon

I think I have every reason to believe I'm going to be floored by the S3200. I'm expecting to be, anyway.

MikeJedi likes this.
  15. Reever

Reever Forum Resident

Suckered in, set up, pushed around....

I had the exact same thing happen to me, only I was looking for the A-S2100. I think they are selling a lot 1200s, 2200s, and 3200s based on ads for the older models that they really don't have. And yes, like yourself, I couldn't say no to that ridiculously good price. :D

And here it is, with only six-days online: A Yamaha A-S2200. Lovely.
    [​IMG]

Reesdog, Carlox, Shawn and 13 others like this.
  16. tagomago

tagomago Original Wrapper

Where did you find a good price for it?

17. Reever

Reever Forum Resident

HiFi Heaven. Very, very good price.

18. tagomago

But thats from Canada. How about warranty if you have a problem in Germany?

Reever likes this.
  19. Reever

Reever Forum Resident

It's in Green Bay, WI, in the U.S.

We are Americans living abroad. I ordered from the States because in the next 4-6 years we'll be moving back, so I wanted to make sure I had the proper voltage. Meanwhile, I'm running the amp on a step-down transformer.

Hope this makes sense.

@tagomago Edited to add that I would send the amp Stateside for warranty work, if needed. I'm rolling the dice on that, admittedly, but I remain confident and hopeful. :)

Shawn and tagomago like this.
  20. tagomago

It does. Enjoy!

Reever likes this.
  21. Vibrolux_Reverb

Vibrolux_Reverb Forum Resident

HiFi Heaven rules! I got my A-S1100 from them for $1600. You just can't beat that imo.

Reever likes this.
  22. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

HIFi Heaven is an awesome place to get those Yammies. Got an amazing deal on the 2200 myself. Can’t beat it !!! ;) if I wasn’t buying a brand new home would’ve bought the 3200 but I am super super happy with the service and awesome Yamaha 2200 :)

Shawn, Bill Mac and Reever like this.
  23. tagomago

Anybody knows what other devices I can use with the included remote RAS36? There are buttons for CD players on it.

MikeJedi likes this.
  24. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Should function I believe with the current line of Yamaha SACD and CD players. CDS1200, CD2100 , CDS3000, cd300 cd700.

tagomago and Reever like this.
  25. aunitedlemon

The day new gear comes home is a wonderful day. Today was such a day for me. The boxy brown truck brought me a heavy big brown box.
    [​IMG]

Yamaha's version of double-boxing.
    [​IMG]

The 3200 is substantially larger than the A-S801.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And those meters! Photos don't do them justice. They absolutely marvel.
    [​IMG]

As other reviewers have already noticed, the build quality is fully commendable. The lack of any visible fasteners on the 4 most visible sides makes for a really smart finish. Everything feels stern and purposeful. I was so excited to get it connected that I forgot to get a picture of the back of the amp, which is a shame because it is also lusty. Maybe another day. Considering that I've allotted a scant single hour of listening to the 3200 I am pleased to note that there is a LOT of quality to hear here. It was immediately apparent that there is a much larger stage to admire and tune-in to than what I've become accustomed to with my 801. Let the burn-in begin. I love listening!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Bananas&blow, Carlox, Shawn and 21 others like this.