2023 and still not on Blu-Ray!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

yea I know! not even a DVD!

2. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

I saw that! Finally! Will feel good to retire my dvd.
    I was also happy to see One False Move announced.

3. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

Michael likes this.
  4. Michael

Jeff Edwards likes this.
  5. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

This Property is Condemned(1966)

64FALCON and Jimmy B. like this.
  6. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

The Man Who Went Up A Hill But Came Down A Mountain (Miramax)
    Emma (Miramax)

Note: Not exactly sure about these.

7. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Yeah I have the Barfly Blu-ray - they messed up the subtitles really badly, and it still deserves a U.S. release. I love that film.
    I don't really know much about Ryan O'Neal's personal life or anything......

8. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

[​IMG]
    No Time For Sergeants.
    [​IMG]

Michael likes this.
  9. Columbo
    The Sweeney (Only TV series one is available)
    Let it Be (1970)
    The Ghoul (1975)
    Legend of the Werewolf (1975)
    Catweazle (1970-71)
    Reynaldo and Clara (1978)
    The Hill (1965)
    I Walked with a Zombie (1943)
    Son of Dracula (1974)

64FALCON likes this.
  10. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

Available on blu-ray from Germany and Japan, though reviews have stated the video quality isn't great. There are popular rumors that Criterion is working on a blu-ray, but it hasn't materialized. I'd wager modestly that a blu-ray from Criterion or Warner Archives will emerge eventually.

wayneklein likes this.
  11. Son of Dracula is amazingly bad. I Walked with a Zombie is available (or was) as a Japanese Blu-Ray. Surprised Warner hasn’t released it yet. Colombo is coming to Blu-Ray. I believe Shout is releasing it..

12. 64FALCON

64FALCON Forum Resident

THE GHOUL (1975-UK) is one of those movies with 2 versions extant -- if ever it materializes on Blu-Ray I hope it's the extended version that gets issued.

The 1995 UK VHS release on the "Tyburn/Art House Films" label ("A TASTE OF FEAR") lets you know there are 6 extra minutes put back into the film that "have not been seen before by British audiences". Or anyone else. Seems these six minutes were cut out just prior to "The Ghoul" being released even thought it's not a long movie even with the 6 minutes back in the film . . .

I specifically bought that mid-'90s release because I found out it contained those extra minutes and I liked the movie and wanted to see the film with that footage put back. One of the scenes put back is Veronica Carlson luxuriating in a bath. Nice.

--------------------------------------

Which reminds me . . . is Oliver Stone's 1974 movie SEIZURE on Blu-Ray? And if it is -- what version is it? There's an alternate version under the title "Queen of Evil" that has 4 extra minutes -- I've seen both versions and the extra footage is there on the "Queen of Evil" tape. SEIZURE stars Jonathan Frid of "Dark Shadows" fame.

13. Thanks I hadn't spotted it was out in Germany and Japan. IWWAZ is up there in my top 5 fave movies of all time! I've heard the Criterion rumours as well. That would be brilliant so I'll wait. They did a sterling job on Cat People. As a Lewton nut then I'm still just waiting for The Seventh Victim.

The US restored complete DVD set with the Scorsese doc is pretty good but not great to project on my 8ft screen because it's NTSC and not PAL.

14. I've got a bootleg of Son of Dracula and it is indeed rancid but as a fan of Ringo and Hammer director Freddie Francis it's a missing piece of Apple Films history.

Great news about Columbo. There's a couple of series out on Blu here and there, I believe, and the complete series in Japan but I've read that's an unrestored upscale or something?

15. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

Down and Out In Beverly Hills

GullGutt and Michael like this.
  16. MCK57

MCK57 Forum Resident

Captain Blood.

17. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Thinking about producing a short movie called "Still Not on Blu Ray"

And then releasing it, of course, on Blu Ray.

GullGutt and 64FALCON like this.
  18. Michael

Mickey was top notch in this! before he went nuts...

19. Michael

[​IMG]
    funny one...

masswriter and 64FALCON like this.
  20. mbd40

mbd40 Steely Dan Fan

Unfortunately the only Youtube of the movie I can find is blocked in the US on copyright grounds. Damn. You must be using a VPN if you can access it.

21. TMRY

TMRY Forum Resident

Have "Lone Star" and "Stakeout" been mentioned? I have both on dvd, would be glad to upgrade.

22. finslaw

finslaw muzak to my ears

The 1988 horror/fantasy film Paperhouse, directed by Bernard Rose before he did Candyman, was given 4 stars by Roger Ebert and is not on US Bluray, or US DVD!!! One of my top 100 favorite films.

[​IMG]

23. Michael

love this movie...Hellooooooooooo

Jimmy B. likes this.
  24. Halfwit

Halfwit Forum Resident

I managed to pick up the French Blu Ray of this, now out of print, and it looked very nice. Can't believe it hasn't been made available more widely since then. A really great film.

25. Michael