3 Days of 3-D - Suffern, NY - February 27-29, 2004

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by stereoptic, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

That is great. I urge those of you who live in this area to attend. It will really blow your mind (as they used to say).

3. stereoptic

For those interested, the schedule and ticket prices are posted here:
    Big screen classics 3-d fest

I plan to see Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dial M for Murder, and possibly House of Wax and Inferno.

4. Mister Kite

Mister Kite Uncle Obscure

Wow! Great lineup! By all means see all of the titles you mentioned. Also, don't miss, It Came From Outer Space. I saw it on the big screen a few years ago with Creature From the Black Lagoon and House of Wax as a triple bill and it was great fun! House of Wax, in particular, has some wild and memorable 3-D effects!

Gary

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

See every one you can, while you can!

6. stereoptic

thanks, Gary. I am very tempted, but it is playing at 10PM on Sunday night, and I have to get up for work the next morning. The theater is about an hour away, so that means I probably won't be home until 1PM. But, who knows? I may go anyway.

7. RDK

RDK Active Member

Don't forget Robot Monster! It's a terrible movie but a real hoot with an audience - and it's actually pretty darn cool in 3-D.

8. stereoptic

thanks - but I don't think that I can squeeze everything in :(

I'd also like to see "Doom Town" (short subject shown with Inferno), but I don't think I can make it. I just bought the new Viewmaster set "Atomic Tests in 3-D". It's pretty cool :cool:

9. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

I went to see "Gun Fury" yesterday, literally dragging my girl friend (she just had a operation on her foot). Beautiful restored theatre, with a real pipe organ.

The 3-D works beautifully with the polarized glasses, no headaches. The movie wasn't Raoul Walsh's best (http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=515785#post515785)
    but it was a great experience none the less!

I would have loved to have seen "Dial M..." but I'm lucky to have made at least one.

One more day. It's only 15 minutes away from the Tappan Zee Bridge on 87/I-287, Connecticut Dudes.

10. stereoptic

I was there Saturday for Creature From the Black Lagoon and Dial M for Murder (although, I'm ashamed to admit that I fell asleep during most of the first half :( )
    They had a crystal clear copy of the Canadian short Around is Around. The Warner Brothers Lumberjack Rabbit with Bugs Bunny was a little dark, but despite everything that I have read about it, I thought that the stereo effects were very good! I almost missed the "springing" WB badge though!

It's a beautifully restored theater. Where else can you hear a Wurlitzer between shows instead of those cheesy in-theater samplers that they play in multi-plexes? The owner introduced each film and described the print quality of each one. It was also gratifying to see families there with children of varying ages who were all enjoying the 3-D Creature!

I really wanted to go see the Sunday 10PM show (It Came From Outer Space ), but I'm an hour from Suffern, and I did have to get up for work this morning! :(

They haven't posted the new schedule on the Lafeyette Theater website yet, but they had it posted in the lobby. Lawrence of Arabia will be on the big screen this week!

11. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

Yeah, I signed up for their mailing list. A fantastic treasure for movie goers! I wish I had known "Forbidden Planet" played there last Dec. I'd love to see that on that screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.