96kHzfs

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Frank., Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Frank,
    Go back and read my first post. It is likely that digital copy protection is causing your player to output 48KHz from the digital output, which is all your receiver will see. The 96KHz light is on for the player because that's what the signal is, but you can only enjoy it at full resolution from your player's analog outputs.

Regards,

2. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

If you have a DVD-A player, is it possible to access the DVD-V compatible mix? I have gone through the 6 DVD-A's that I have and only one of them actually generates anything on the digital outs during playback, and it's only at 48khz PCM.

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

:confused: Wife DOES win if you want to hear the sound you want to hear(you'll both be happy). I can only assume you're living in a cramped space or you've placed your sound system's racks too close to a wall or corner space where you don't have easy access to your back panel. If you want to hear any kind of true Hi-rez, you have to connect properly; simple as that. If you're unwilling to go back and reconnect, there is nothing I or anyone here can do for you. But for love's sake, forget the LIGHT. Connect properly first, THEN worry about the light. For DVD-A, you must have a video connection to see the menus and use them properly. You've yet to tell us what you're seeing, let alone hearing. Tell us what you SEE first. Oh, and don't waste time going to get that SUB, once this is done. You will need it.

ED:cool:

4. Frank.

Frank. New Member Thread Starter

After sifting through all of the responses and rereading my manuals I think Ken is right. the light I have been refering to only monitors the digital out and my DVD-A player automatically downconverts any DVD-A routed through the digital outputs (but not a DVD-V). I must use the analog outs to enjoy the music at the higher sampling rate. now I need to find a DVD-V with 96k fs sampling to test this out as.

Thanks again,
    Frank

5. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Frank,
    In addition to the Chesky and Classic Records labels that Ronald mentioned above, the supplement disc to the 2-disc SE of the movie "Seven" has some 96KHz material and a pretty cool section on audio production for films/DVD to boot. It's probably available for rental lots of places.

Regards,

6. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

:eek: 7 is about as scary as it's ever gotten in movieland, up there with Argento's SUSPIRIA and Hitchcock's PSYCHO...makes all those slasher movies look like amateur night. SILENCE OF THE LAMBS is pretty hairy, too.:eek: And Ken, you could not have picked a better SE for a test DVD. My brother has a copy, and it's incredible.

ED:cool:

BTW, Ken, is that a photo of Bogie in HIGH SIERRA? Looks like it.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.