A cool interview with Eirik The Norwegian on Ram

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claudio Dirani, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall Thread Starter

In my humble opinion, Lewisohn missed a golden chance for a fantastic book. Of course we read extensively about The Beatles sessions and we love this material. But something on Paul could make the difference. And he'd be able to update it and always get new editions of the book available.
    I hope someday it materializes in some form.

fatoldsun likes this.
  2. Impressive interview.

I've read some of your posts in other threads and
    I think you have a good head on your shoulders Claudio.

I even think this when you disagree with me! :laugh:

3. Claudio Dirani

Believe me, I disagree on a cool way.
    Actually, we can work it out :)
    Thanks for the thumbs-up, I love to share these interviews.

4. kudesai

kudesai New Member

Thanks a bunch Claudio! I love any info about Ram I can get my hands on. So in the spirit of his thread, here is an article that should fill in the missing info about the Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey CBS recording sessions - http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_paul_mccartneys_uncle/

Or should I have made this its own thread? :shake:

Maybe a bunch of us should put our heads together and compile all the info on this album that we can? Just a personal interest of mine.

Thanks again Claudio!

tug_of_war and fatoldsun like this.
  5. Paul_Nyman

Paul_Nyman New Member

Kinko's is now part of FEDEX a few years ago so you may see them expand into Italy in the future or maybe not if there are already big copy center places in your country.

6. Claudio Dirani

Thanks again, I appreciate it.
    I read this article a long time ago, it's very interesting indeed.
    However, Eirik also pointed that one of the information on Uncle Albert is likely not right. He remembers quite well on the recording of the thundering effects of the track. He was postive to say that it was not like it's being described on this interview published by Mix.

fatoldsun likes this.
  7. Phlo

Phlo Formerly dave-o

I could read this stuff all day. Thanks Claudio!

8. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Great interview, Claudio, and fascinating mixonline article find kudesai.

You know, I wish I had that McCartney Recording Session book in hand right now! I kind of like the idea that kudesai presents here. Maybe one thread per album with everyone pitching in all the recording session information they have at hand from the knowledge they've collected over the years, documenting, citing and linking to web based information. SH probably has awesome insights into what went into recording the ones he's remastered for DCC as well.

Would be quite a task but quite a reward at the end. And then Mr. cb70 could use the information and the documentation to augment his incredible site as well.

Just a thought. I'm a sucker for recording session details and I always want more...more...more!

9. Claudio Dirani

Me included. I'd support your ideas for this book.:edthumbs:

10. kudesai

kudesai New Member

I am a sucker for this stuff as well. I would LOVE any input from Steve on this. I am currently searching through threads on this forum to see what I can find.

Here is one that I find painful - http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=1579822&postcount=15

11. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Chris, how do you know so much about McCartney's archives? You've dropped so many tantalizing clues...

12. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

It's as simple as befriending the right people and waiting years for info to come without needling. I'd love to spill more explicit details but can't at the moment as we are so close to getting a lot of the things we never thought we would (as far as unreleased music goes).

13. bob2935

bob2935 Active Member

Here I am late to the party as always. Excellent interview Claudio. Ram has got to be the most interesting set of sessions McCartney ever recorded. Over 20 tracks, some of which have not yet been released or even booted. Keep it coming.

About Ram On, in the thread linked to earlier about the mono mix, the dropout is on the 1993 UK remaster but digitally corrected so that one doesn't notice a change in balance. The DCC must come from a different tape than the UK remaster because there is no dropout at all. Perhaps Mew used the safety because there is no gap between Too Many People and 3 Legs either.
    Bob.

14. Sean Murdock

There's another one of those tantalizing clues! Thanks, cb... :righton:

15. Claudio Dirani

It will be great!
    fingers crossed.

16. Claudio Dirani

at least of all clues, we could have a little clue on IF the box is due and if it'll take longer than my lifetime in this planet :)

17. stevemoss

stevemoss Forum Resident

What an elegantly agonizing tease...

18. Claudio Dirani

I wholeheartedly share this agonizing feeling...:cry:

19. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

And here's another clue for you all ...the walrus was..cb..:)

20. Glenn Christense

As always , good job Claudio .

When will you get to interview "The Man" himself ?

21. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Mmmmmmm...... unreleased music! (he says, in his best Homer Simpson impression.

22. Sean Murdock

Does this have anything to do with the rumors of exclusive iTunes content, or are you referring to something more "real"?

23. Claudio Dirani

That's the question my friend.
    I hope I can live for the day!

24. Claudio Dirani

I'll stick with Homer Simpson here.
    You know, when Paul's box set (if) comes out, I think I'll buy it and give it to my wife as a birthday present; you know, like Homer did with the bowling ball. He got one for Marge and got his name written down on it. Then he went: hey Marge it's for you, so you won't forget me anymore! :D :D

25. Glenn Christense

Hopefully it will happen someday Claudio :)
    I always feel kind of bad for people that interview Paul..by telephone.
    If I actually ever got a chance to interview Paul I would want to do it in person.
    I don't need a picture of myself talking on the telephone with Paul, but I sure would like a picture of me WITH Paul.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.