A DCC find on a road trip...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

I'm typing from brother fivecent's homebase as I'm visiting my hometown/parental units for a couple days. On the way up, my son and I needed to make a quick pitstop at a Wendy's, conveniently located near a record store! We breezed into the shop, and I started combing for DCC's; hmmmm, no Eagles, no Seger, no Heart (well, several dupes of the MoFi gold), no Badfinger, 1 McCartney Band on the Run ($30 clams used, no slipcover - I got one there the last visit with alla the goodies for $20...), no Ringo (double rats - I really wanted to find that one), no Elvis (got a sealed Elvis is Back there a year ago for $30 - they did have "Elvis' Greatest S**t on cd), 1 sealed Phoebe Snow at $32.95 - I was about to give up when I wandered by the D for Dylan section. Whaddya know, thar she blows - a used Highway 61 Revisited; books a little bendy, there's a teensy fine scratch, but it played a-ok in my portable player. They're still out there, just gotta be patient!

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Just goes to show ya - never give up! :)

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Mike, congrats. on your find. I still need to find myself a DCC copy of Highway 61 Revisited as well as a host of other DCCs. It's rare that I find a DCC CD in the used bins, but I found a mint copy of Elton John Greatest Hits earlier in the year for $25. I was shocked to find it. What a beautiful-sounding disc.

4. indy mike

You never know who needs some beer money! I love the used bins...

5. GregY

GregY New Member

I don't suppose there is any way you could grab this for me? :) I've been wanting this one for a while. How much was it?

6. indy mike

It was $30 + Indiana tax of 6%; I don't know if there's supposed to be inserts or other stuff with it - can you tell me what's innit/what should be with it?

7. GregY

GregY New Member

indy mike, $30 is a little steep for me. Plus I'd want/need to reimburse you for all the shipping and time spent, etc. I think I'll hold off for now. But I do appreciate the offer!

8. duff138

duff138 Forum Resident

I saw a couple this weekend too.

Queen "Night a the opera" still sealed
    Queensryche "empire" used
    Nevelle brothers MFSL "fiyo in the bayou" used

9. floyd

floyd Senior Member

was the night at the opera a DCC or MFSL? and how much was it going for?

As for the Pheobe Snow disc you mentioned that is a great cd IMO. I do not know what it normaly goes for though I got mine last weekend for $7.99 without the booklet though.

10. duff138

duff138 Forum Resident

DCC $30 I think. Is that a good price?

11. indy mike

The DCC at that price is good - get it if you can...

12. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Yes that is good just slightly above what originaly sold for anyway.

13. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

Let's see:

I found a used DCC "Hotel California" at the Wherehouse for like 21.99. And I found a DCC "Night Moves" at a hole in the wall used CD shop for like 7.99. Can't wait to find more stuff. Oh yeah, I also got lucky in finding a "Dark Side of the Moon" Ultradisc at a music trader for 8.99.

14. duff138

duff138 Forum Resident

I'm always searching for the two Metallica CD's from DCC! I've heard "master of puppets" before and thought it sounded great!

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...or trading in for the latest remaster! All the better for us:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.