A good deal on some unversal SACD s try it

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by floyd, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floyd

floyd Senior Member Thread Starter

I just got all the Police SACD's for $11.60 (not including the live one or greatest hits) and I will not pay postage or tax.

Here is the deal. Universal is selling on eBay under the name universalmusicgroup they have tons of cds up. They also have several SACDs but many are listed as "Super Audio" rather than SACD (there are some listed as SACD too so check them as well) They all seem to have a buy it now price a couple bucks more than the starting bid. They have reasonable postage prices $1.95 for the first and $1.00 for each additional item but if you get 6 you get free postage! and only California residents have to pay sales tax.

I just found 6 discs I wanted threw the opening bid (not the buy it now) on each of them and scored them all. At $11.60 a disc thats not bad. They also have Frampton Comes Alive a two SACD set for under $18.

If someone is interested in some of the Universal titles this may be good for you. Post if you go for it.

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Is this for real? I've never heard of a major record label selling on eBay. Interesting. "universalmusicgroup" has a feedback rating over 13,000 and has 5,100+ items on auction. Sure looks like the actual label.

3. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Yup! They were/are selling signed DVD-A's of Frampton for a while.

:-jon

4. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Their Classical SACDs are $15.83 starting bid - no bargain there.

5. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Noticed a trend on most of the titles: the single layer SACDs are $11.60, where hybrids seem to be $15.83.

6. floyd

That's true.

The $11.60 ones are the bargin and the Frampton Comes Alive. But if you just get one remember to add on the $1.95. Circuitcity.com has good prices on many titles with no shipping I think though (but I can't remember for sure) that they do charge sales tax if they have a store in your state, and I would guess Circuit City has stores in every state.

7. floyd

Also if someone has a bid on an item it appears if you just wait the same item will come up again when that one ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.