A Mighty Wind....The Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jefhart, May 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member Thread Starter

Just finished listening to the soundtrack to this hilarious movie. Great stuff. Near perfect homage/parodies of the more commercial, pop oriented groups and songs from the so called "folk revival" of the early sixties. This stuff is dead on, and sounds just like the likes of the Rooftop Singers, Kingston Trio, Limeliters, Ian & Sylvia material it is clearly based on. Christoper Guest even has Glenn Yarborough's vocal quiver down pat. You can enjoy it on that level. Until you listen closely to the lyrics. Then you start laughing......hard. There are also a few songs on the album that are not in the movie, such as Blood On The Coal, which appears to be about a train wreck inside a coal mine (??????), as well as a version of the Stones' Start Me Up, done by the Folksmen, which has to be heard to be believed. All of these songs are written, sung, and played by the cast, most notably those old Spinal Tappers Guest, McKean and Shearer. Ah, such talented people.

jeff

2. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

That's great, thanks. I'll have to get it ... I believe it's even available on vinyl, which is great. I wonder if you have to punch out your own center hole though. :D

3. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

The picture opens this weekend here in Pittsburgh. I can't wait.

Christopher Guest may be the funniest man alive.

Chris

4. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member Thread Starter

You, sir, are probably correct:)

Jeff

5. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I begin laughing when I look at him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.