A New Batch of Living Stereos: Superb sound!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LeeS, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Of the 4 new LS discs I have listened to so far, the one with the best music and sound IMO is the Heifetz Bruch/Vieuxtemps, especially the Bruch Concerto #1. It will take me another week or so to get through all 10 but so far that one is a standout. It is stereo as well, not 3 channel.

2. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I was sent a WMA of the final movement of Pines Of Rome, and I think my head might explode when I get the SACD. Wow! On crappy computer speakers it sounds amazing!

3. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan Thread Starter

Picked up Symphonie Fantastique at Tower yesterday for $10...will listen and report back this weekend after work.

4. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

You do realize this is one of the new batch that I, and many others, did not purchase, which I and many others will now feel compelled to purchase. Thanks. ;)

5. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Glad to help. As far as I can see the only one that is iffy is Mario Lanza and that is only if you don't like Opera. The Heifetz is amazing.

6. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan Thread Starter

The new Symphonis Fantastique is really, really good. Highly recommended. :)

7. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

Yeah, ditto. I played the Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique SACD this weekend, and was blown away. I had previously played the Respighi/Debussy SACD and was impressed by the quality, but not blown away. But the Berlioz was pretty jaw-dropping. Very full, rich sound, and a great performance. I haven't teed up the others yet.

8. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

:cool: I just ordered this one a couple of days ago from Tower online. Oddly, most of the 4th series from Tower says "special order" status. :confused:

9. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

Has anyone compared the LS Symphonie Fantastique vs. the MLP version, both performance and sound-wise? Thanks.

Doug

10. jws113

jws113 Member

Does anyone know if there are plans to re-release any of the non classical "Living Stereo" lp's.....Chet Atkins, Elvis, etc........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.