Abbey Road 50th contents, outtakes and sound quality thread .. only

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiotom, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

Sorry, didn't saw that, none of the two events last week, still hoping to get news for the main event next month.

2. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

There is room for all the releases between Sept and the end of the year, just be patient a little bit

3. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Layering and effects. And I meant it, "Paul and others" ;)

johnny moondog 909 and RAJ717 like this.
  4. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

What's Yoko up to these days? :D

5. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Ms. Melanie, not sure who was deeply upset. Let me review the posts above. And again, welcome to the forum.

Yovra likes this.
  6. Carl Harrison

Carl Harrison Forum Resident

Of course, bro. We know that and the community knows what we mean by “lost solo” and “proper ending” when in the correct context. No need for semantics in these cases.

Beatle Ed, DRM and Shaddam IV like this.
  7. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Wow Flaming Pie by the end of the year is starting to gather pace, I watched a video on You Tube the other night on a Beatles channel and they said December maybe for Flaming Pie also, this would be the perfect end to the year after Abbey Road.

8. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Audrey Farber, Susan Underhill, and... Betty Jo Bialowsky?

9. TonyClifton63

TonyClifton63 Forum Resident

Thank you Steve Miller! I appreciate the information!
    J

10. TonyClifton63

TonyClifton63 Forum Resident

Thanks SebUK! I appreciate the information!! J

11. spindly

spindly Forum Resident

This thread has become a great source of information about everything but
    Abbey Road 50th contents, outtakes and sound quality thread .. only

12. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

So do we now know the Aroad 50th new music video is Oh Darling ???

And, is there a Ringo thread to get info on the threetle-Beatle-twotles thing ?

RAJ717 likes this.
  13. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

For me, the moment I am most looking forward to is the banter between John and Paul on "Ballad of John and Yoko". :)

14. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

I'm guessing it'll be a lyric video only for "Oh! Darling". And then hopefully closer to release we get a full new narrative video for "Here Comes the Sun" or "Come Together." Fingers crossed.

Dr. Dog and johnny moondog 909 like this.
  15. recordromantic

recordromantic Forum Resident

Like you, although I am a collector of original vinyl (check out my Instagram page if interested), I buy current or archive releases only on CD, a format which I consider generally superior if produced to the correct standards.
    So you have a point is saying that at times the mastering has been quite bad (PEPPER box), although in other occasions they got it at least close to right (WHITE ALBUM box). And it is very annoying to have all the effort made with the remixes compromised: it’s like polishing a set of beautiful crystals and then displaying them behind opaque glass.
    At the very least we have the sessions material to look forward to, but I am hopeful that this time they’ll do a better job with the mastering of ABBEY ROAD.

16. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

The momentum for Abbey Road came to a grinding halt, so there has not been much of anything to discuss. After all the hoopla and publicity surrounding the 50th anniversary of the cover photo date, as well as the "Something" remix and instrumental mix, the Apple staff probably decided to just go back to their summer vacations. So I don't think that there will be anything else until AFTER the Labor Day holiday, which is coming up next weekend in the States. Then, once that holiday has passed, the Apple engines will get revved up again.

17. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Yesterday was August Bank Holiday in the UK, so hopefully there’ll be some activity this week. :)

18. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Oh, so then they likely will wait until after Labor Day. People are too busy with the last days of summer. Anything that Apple would post this week will just fall into an end-of-summer black hole.

pablo fanques likes this.
  19. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

“Good evening Mr. Danger....” ;)

spindly and Isaac Azimuth like this.
  20. BlindWillieMcZim

BlindWillieMcZim Forum Resident

I bought the remixes Pepper and it is excruciatingly bad. Put on the 80s cd to compare, and the music came to life.

The 2009 remasters were, largely, a triumph. The CD of Abbey Road seems absolutely fine to me; there is no need, or room, for improvement.

These deluxe remix releases have one purpose: to milk us. Oh, maybe they also serve as an ego project for Giles Martin, but that’s it.

SteveM likes this.
  21. BlindWillieMcZim

BlindWillieMcZim Forum Resident

Yep. As usual, it’s a puff piece aimed at selling the product, and contains nothing of interest whatsoever.

22. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Hmm. What about the outtakes?

23. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

I really hope no more Abbey Road 50 tracks are premiered until release day.

GLUDFSSR likes this.
  24. thrivingonariff

thrivingonariff Forum Resident

I don't feel that a remix is needed, but I'll nonetheless be happily buying the SD edition. If fans enjoy even some of the remixes and the accompanying book, it doesn't matter, to them, what the "purpose" was.

25. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Not to mention the surround sound mix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.