AC/DC - It's a long way to the top: single vs. album version

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by James_S888, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does anyone out there know the difference between the original Australian single and the album version. The album I believe is 5.15 and the single 5.01.
    Is it a different mix?
    How much better or different does the single sound?
    Better job on the bass?

2. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

I don't know myself. Is it the single version used in the two iconic film clips, the one on the back of the truck and the one in the Melbourne City Square? Just a thought.

3. James_S888

The first video, the back of the truck uses the album mix.
    The other one I don't know.

blutiga likes this.
  4. Superrayman3

Superrayman3 Forum Resident

The only difference that I know of between the Australian TNT album version and the single version is the album version (which is used for the truck bed and city square music videos) has the main chorus after "look out, it's rough and mean" play 4 times while the single version (which was also used for the international High Voltage album) was edited down so that the chorus only plays twice, other than that there's no other differences as far as I'm aware.

TheLoveDrags and blutiga like this.
  5. James_S888

apart from the sound, which is better on the single. better balanced all round, fuller and, the bass is back in. The original album version sounds like it had the bass rolled off somewhat. In any case, the single rocks, a prime cut of gut thumping rock n roll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.