AC/DC - The Original Australian Albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by paulisdead, Nov 20, 2017.

1. The Doga

The Doga SHMF’s Number 1 AC/DC Fan

They could’ve easily done that, yeah. And the Jailbreak name should’ve been used with the ‘74 prefix.

2. The Gomper

The Gomper By Your Side?

what about "RIP (Rock In Peace)"?

Scope J likes this.
  3. Didn’tfeelathing

Didn’tfeelathing Forum Resident

Managed to finally pick up the late 80’s black Albert CDs for ‘DDDDD’ & ‘LTBR’ in the 2nd hand bins today.
    I still find it hard to believe these are now difficult to acquire (for cheap that is) as back in the day it seemed like these editions were a very common fixture in many people’s collections.

4. The Doga

I remember a quote on Discogs; someone said the CBS Let There Be Rock CD has the left & right channels reversed (i.e. Angus on the left, Malcolm on the right, instead of the other way around). However, I’ve had nobody back up this claim outside of that one post. So could you confirm that please?

5. Jae

Jae Senior Member

I have all the EMI and CBS CDs and one of the CBS CDs defo has reversed channels. I'd have to check my notes when I'm next on my computer as I can't remember which one it is off the top of my head.

The Doga likes this.
  6. Digital Morphine

Digital Morphine Forum Resident

I have a CD version of Powerage with the channels reversed, can't remember which edition it is but i'll have a look.

Catalog is CDP 7487342, 1988 edition, channels are reversed.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  7. Didn’tfeelathing

Didn’tfeelathing Forum Resident

The version I scored was this one (I’m a complete novice at the whole different versions thing - just recently started checking it out)
    AC/DC - Let There Be Rock
    If I’m correct it’s Mal left & Angus right

8. The Doga

I believe that’s the one that had them comment about the reversed channels. I don’t go there anymore, so I’m not 100% sure.

9. Jae

Jae Senior Member

Looked at my notes and it's "Powerage" with the reversed channels (1987 EMI v 1989 CBS). I'd like to know which one is correct (I don't have the vinyl and am not quite familiar with this album)?

My observations for "Let There Be Rock" do not support the assertion of channel reversal. Indeed, I found that the 1989 CBS CD (465256 2) differs only from the 1987 EMI CD (CDP 746666 2) in that it is 0.4db quieter. I came to this conclusion through waveform analysis/comparison at the time.

I can't find the CD in my collection now, so I suspect I got rid of it for that reason (I know I got rid of the CBS "Dirty Deeds" CD because it sounded quite muddy and veiled compared to the original EMI CD).

10. The Doga

Well I did hear Powerage was the one with reversed channels later on, after the Let There Be Rock Discogs comment... Thus, whoever wrote that comment must’ve mixed up the albums.

11. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Um, those prices are just for the box and 12" single...;)

I picked up a NM set several years ago (before the vinyl resurgence) for around 150..

12. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

I was in a band once where one of the guys traded his guitar amp for a crate of beer...

James5001 likes this.
  13. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous Thread Starter

I knew that. ;) There was a box set for $850. That's still cheaper than buying them individually.

14. David Kellar

David Kellar Forum Resident

Anyone compared the Bob Ludwig Atlantic Back In Black to the Albert Maxicut?

15. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

That's insane - glad I scored one when I did. :D

paulisdead likes this.
  16. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous Thread Starter

BUMP. I'd like to know how the Aussie Maxicuts go against international pressings too. Most Aussie Maxicuts I have sound fantastic.

The Doga likes this.
  17. The Doga

Shakes head... I’ll be p***ed if that was a Marshall...

18. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Ha, ha, it actually was, but a really small (probably transistor) combo, as a I remember it.

19. The Doga

Okay... Still... What a waste.

20. I can't remember which one, but one pressing has added reverb.

21. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

Wasted in more ways than one was the outcome, presumably... :sigh:

22. The Doga

Indeed!... :mad:

23. The Doga

I don’t think there’s any reverb on the LP’s.

sathvyre likes this.
  24. It's the CD of T.N.T. I believe it's the one with the uncut songs. If you want I can dig them out.

25. The Doga

paulisdead already did a comparison of most of the T.N.T. CD‘s earlier on the thread.