Acoustic Sounds Blue Note 50% off Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ron Jones, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

I cracked last night and placed a second order. I wish the vinyl options mirrored the SACD titles. I’d love a shot at the additional Mobley and Silver titles for half off.

2. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

I kind of felt with the savings on a few 45s and SACD I could splurge on one of the full price AP 45s, so I picked up Hank Mobley - Workout. Even at $50 it is still cheaper than Music Matters version of the 33.

hutlock likes this.
  3. floyd

floyd Senior Member

was Freddie Hubbard - Hub-Tones (the 45 rpm) on sale earlier? Now it is $50 and I thought it was part of the 45rpm sale - I know it is part of the SACD sale. Just wondering if some titles are falling off the sale.

I placed a second order and just got the rest of the SACD that I did not have from my first order - so I have 19 SACDs from the sale. For the 45rpm I did not get anything that was also on SACD but did order 6 between my two orders didn't feel the need to have titles on both SACD and 45, but maybe I should have opted for some of the sacd titles on vinyl, don't know.
    the 6, 45s I got:
    Jackie McLean / New Soil
    Hank Mobley / Dippin'
    John Patton / Along Came John
    Horace Parlan / Movin' & Groovin
    Horace Silver / The Tokyo Blues
    Lou Donaldson / The Time Is Right

4. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

I know Workout SACD was on sale and the vinyl was not. Also Midnight Special I believe was not on sale for vinyl.

floyd likes this.
  5. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

I think just "Hub Cap" was on the 45 sale...

floyd likes this.
  6. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Opinion: Up At Minton's or Movin' and Groovin'?

dee likes this.
  7. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

I just listened to Minton’s on SACD. It was excellent. Makes me want to get Vol 2.

hutlock and Bloom like this.
  8. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

9. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

So did the 10 percent discount code expire? About to pull the trigger on an order and it's no longer working.

10. It's working for me. Many titles are not eligible for the 10%. Check to be sure that the titles you think you should be getting it on do not have the "Not Eligible for Additional Discount" disclaimer on their page.

George P likes this.
  11. dee

dee Senior Member

Butchered the quote function, sorry...

That Parlan album was an appealing listen that I found enjoyment and peace in at the time. What is it $15 on sale?

Worth the price imo and nice to have around when the mood suits or when a trio is required. I don't remember what the mix, imaging is like, but fwiw my recollection is it's a pleasant sounding piece of work. Solid with an unassuming and effortless kind of quality.

12. Bobby Buckshot

Yep, had added some other eligible titles that were getting it earlier and now its cleared out..hmmm...also using my phone instead of my laptop since wireless is out. What was the code again? Maybe I entered it wrong...

13. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Got mine today. Given the original price, I was expecting something nicer - felt lined, or maybe magnetic clasp for easy access. I mean it’s really just a box with a lift lid and nice wrap.

But certainly no complaints for the price.

hutlock likes this.
  14. Code is "10percent"

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  15. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Nothing fancy but certainly a quality made box, and nice blue foil stamping. Not worth $50 alone but for $5 heck yes. I also bought 2 since there is 50 in the series.

hutlock and captouch like this.
  16. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Agree. Often, our enjoyment of something is dependent upon our expectations.

I was trying to set expectations a bit lower for those who hadn’t received it yet and might have been hoping for something fancier.

17. Bobby Buckshot

:tiphat: appreciate it!

18. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Wellll they went up to $15

19. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Nothing seems to be sold out yet. They must have lots of stock.

20. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

id pay $15 for one, id probably do $25 tops. Of course, only if youre trying to collect the whole series

21. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

I’m surprised they still have all stock. Seems like they were slammed with orders. I guess the “limited stock” label was generous.

Electric likes this.
  22. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah I already have all 50 SACDs but I just couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger on the boxes for $50 each. I wonder how many they sold at that price point?

23. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

Expecting the last of my order today - Dippin’. Make sure you clean the vinyl up well as all the ones I ordered contained those nasty powdery pink RTI inner sleeves from that time period. It was all over Peckin’ Time but it cleaned up beautifully and plays great.

Radio likes this.
  24. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Here’s a question slightly off topic:
    Which AP SACD series gets the most love, Blue Note, Impulse!, Verve, Prestige?

I have 49 of the 50 Blue Notes (Blue Train eludes me), about 1/3 of the Impulse!, 3 Verve and 1 Prestige.
    Love most of the BN’s, the Impulses are growing on me so I continue to buy them, the last 2 labels not so much (but with an admittedly small sample size this far)

25. Bobby Buckshot

From what I've gathered in various threads on these forums the Impulse & Prestige are rated the highest. If I remember correctly, most of the complaints about the AP BN SACDs were rolled off highs - but I'm pretty sure that was only regarding the red book layer. I don't think I've ever heard any issues from those that listen to the SACD layers. The reason for the higher regard for the Impulse was that most of the other CD issues had questionable mastering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.