Adele is back (new single Oct 15 2021); new album "30" to drop 19th November 2021*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mazanahmed, Feb 16, 2021.

1. elgoodo

elgoodo Forum Resident

If by some miracle this one doesn't sell as well as expected, we might finally get something a little more interesting or at least listenable again on 35. But it will, and we won't.

dwilpower, CaptainFeedback1 and Oaw like this.
  2. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Adele does what she does. If Plan A doesn't work out I expect she'll do an album of Elton John or Burt Bacharach cover versions. I'm not sure whether that actually qualifies as "something a little more interesting".

joy stinson likes this.
  3. DesertHermit

DesertHermit Now an UrbanHermit

The song is…fine, I guess. A little underwhelming, but after such a long time, could it ever live up to the weight of expectation? Lyrically, I am afraid that perhaps Adele has been kidnapped by an American self-help cult! I’ll definitely look forward to hearing more, but since 25 I have found myself listening to her albums less and less.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  4. dwilpower

dwilpower Forum Resident

So the new Adele track "Easy On Me" dropped today. It's from her forthcoming album imaginatively titled "30". What are your thoughts? For me it's just more of the same old same old. Sticking to the winning formula, all very safe and familiar. There is no doubting her talent as a song writer and vocalist but I do hope she takes a few risks and shows some musical progression on the album. Interested to hear your opinions.

5. DesertHermit

19 is a great little album. I picked it up in early 2008 after seeing the video for ‘Chasing Pavements’ on TV and loving Adele’s sound, lyrics and look. Who knew she would become the global superstar she did?! Quite an effort, really. 21 was a strong return and got her in good with the Americans which is where the moolah is and after that there was no stopping the juggernaut. I also bought 25 purely on the strength of ‘Hello’ but have not really played it much over the years. On the one hand I am happy for Adele’s great success and wish her nothing but good things, but on the other I think she has been somewhat seduced by the trappings of such enormous success and that this will ultimately affect the quality of her music and song-writing.

mrjinks likes this.
  6. Khamakhazee

Khamakhazee Forum Resident

Still a wonderful voice but the song at first listen was rather boring.

panasoffkee and DesertHermit like this.
  7. DesertHermit

I was interested to see what it would do when it woke up, but it never did.

8. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

This "drop" thing must stop.

Umbari, Man at C&A, Jrr and 3 others like this.
  9. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

21 was fantastic. But now it sounds the same millionaire whining all over again. She was married 2 years, not 20. Come on.

I have all her albums so I’ll get this.
    Ryan K. Smith mastered the 25 vinyl, let’s hope this one too.

jazzsurfer likes this.
  10. rfkavanagh

rfkavanagh Unashamedly Pop!

This helps the song no end... :D

11. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Adele is a big old bellowing, honking, show-off singer. However, give her a decent melody like Hello, and you can just about accept the throat-shredding vocal antics. Easy On You has virtually no tune at all, and it’s worrying that this has been chosen as lead single. For me, Hello was the only decent song on 25, so I hope there’s better stuff on 30.:)

She does come off as quite down to earth and likeable in interviews, though. I wanted to say something positive before I went.:)

You can tell she’s embarrassed about the new song because she can’t even face the camera on the new album cover.:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  12. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

You can tell she’s embarrassed about the new song because she can’t even face the camera on the new album cover.

Hey be nice, Bobby :laugh:

D-rock and Bobby Morrow like this.
  13. DesertHermit

Yes, I find her very likeable too and as I said before, I wish her nothing but continued success. I look forward to her new music each time and, if disappointed, I’ll wait for her next project. She is certainly a spectacular success though. I mean, I know she worked hard but her success is truly the stuff of dreams.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  14. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I see her as becoming like Sade and Enya. Artists who take a long time between projects, but essentially make the same album over and over again, yet remain successful.

15. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

Yea, But even having most of Sade's records and some of Enya's, I'm perfectly fine with theirs even if it is the same. Adele, not to diss her but some of her stuff is uninspiring at times.

JulesRules and c-eling like this.
  16. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yes it'll definitely be interesting to see what her physical media sales are like in the current climate.

She was quite the phenomenon with respect to physical album sales for both 21 and 25. 25 was released in 2015 but it feels like a life time has passed since then in the physical media world rather than just 6 years.

I think she'll do pretty good in both cd and lps sales, though I don't think she'll hit the huge numbers she did with her previous two albums.

It'll also be interesting to see her streaming numbers. I did check Spotify and her new single is sitting at under 900K plays at the moment. Not sure what territory that covers though.

DesertHermit likes this.
  17. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

The totals seem to be a wee bit higher. :)
    Adele's 'Easy on Me' Breaks Spotify Record for Most Streams in a Day - Variety
    [​IMG]

joy stinson, RSteven and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Speaking of .... last time Adele released an album so did Enya. She's overdue!

19. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

After hearing the song on Friday on Zoomer Radio AM740 in Toronto ON (and not recognizing who the vocalist was), I listened to the the brief discussion with regards to the “back-story” behind the travails involved in her recording of the upcoming Album.

I love the song and sheer power of it. My pre-order of the CD will soon be done.

This is just another cog in the wheel of music that shows the overwhelming dominance of Female vocalists in 2021 and, hopefully, continuing
    for many, many years to come!

RSteven likes this.
  20. April Snow

April Snow Forum Resident

Adele - the price in Australia is $80 for the LP !!!!!!!!!
    :yikes:

21. DesertHermit

What a surprise :mad:. Any opportunity to rip us off! :cussing:

Aftermath and April Snow like this.
  22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

23. dwilpower

dwilpower Forum Resident

I like Adele. She's good. I like Ed Sheeran. He's good too. What I don't like is the relentless over hyping of the two artists by the UK media. We had it before with Robbie Williams who could do no wrong. It's jingoism gone mad, just like the hyping of the London 2012 Olympics as "the greatest ever". Such a narrow insular ENGLISH centric arrogant perspective is unhealthy.

24. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

I don't suppose this will cushion the blow much, but the selling price here on amazon dot c'eh is currently $60 or $55, depending on your choice of exclusivity.

April Snow likes this.
  25. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I ordered the 2lp white vinyl version from Amazon.