Aerosmith Rocks SACD is alive!

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by OE3, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I just saw it, $710 is the current bid.

2. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Yeah. I just saw again it, too. Don't know what happened.

3. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I know they did, but the tray itself has got a SACD symbol where the Compat Disc symbols usually are. I have only ever seen a SACD with a regular tray on one SACD and it was a used SACD.

So I am wondering.... as it looks like his has a regular tray and was sealed.

4. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

This was covered within the first few pages of this thread.

5. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Thanks , I will go find it. I missed it.

I guess its just to hard for someone to just say for me ? oh well, off to search.

6. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I think it's odd it has a regular tray.

7. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Maybe their advance promos did not? Just guessing of course.

8. Guardian

Guardian Forum Resident

Again, he doesn't even know if its a legit transfer. Spectral analysis anyone? Sure it might have been done with a SACD machine or whatever but I sure as well wouldnt bid on something that was not completely verified and proved. Not at the prices he is trying to get for this.

9. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

maybe.... was just odd to me. never seen a new one without a sacd tray.

has anyone ?

as for this being legit, I am sure it is.

10. Jay F

Jay F New Member

11. Guardian

Guardian Forum Resident

Just because he pops it in and it says SACD? How come the OP hasnt tried to contact the original author of the SACD and verify that it is legit? Spectral analysis and confirmation from the guy who authored the disc would make this not look as sketchy. AND would increase the confidence of buyers.

12. misterweiss

misterweiss Active Member

I would think if there's one copy, there's another. The fact that this has a cut-out hole drilled in it says that it was either a demo copy, or a deleted cut-out. Wouldn't it be something to find another in a cut-out bin someplace?

It's like the Rolling Stones digipack SACD's on Abkco. Some stores still have them at regular price, because the UPC is the same as the DSD Mastered (Non-SACD) ones that took their place.

13. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Eddie said he called the mastering studio:

14. Guardian

Guardian Forum Resident

okay but shouldnt he be talking to Stephen Sapher?

15. rich121

rich121 Forum Resident

16. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

He just did the authoring. All he did was organize some computer files to the SACD standard. Dave Donnelly did the actual mastering.

17. rich121

rich121 Forum Resident

So, we can advertise our Ebay auctions in the Forums now?

We can advertise and post about our ongoing Ebay auctions in the Forums now?

Rick

18. Guardian

Guardian Forum Resident

Yes but wouldnt he be the one who was last in the line for production who would know if it went to the next step? What i'm saying is there are a ton of projects that get killed along the way like the wish you were here 5.1 project. So wouldnt stephen be the one who would send it off to get pressed (once?) I do agree that there has to be more than one copy of this. (Yes i know its never been confirmed blah blah blah)

19. Sure - when the item itself is the story, not for any old assortment of crap.

20. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Oh, right on. Since you mentioned spectrum analysis I thought you were asking about the source used for the SACD.

I doubt Stephen would be the one responsible for making arrangements with the manufacturer. It's quite common to finish a project, have it mastered and then have it sit on the record label shelves for years. Once we're done mastering it's out of our hands.

21. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I think Rocks and King Crimson's In The Court Of...were both on the cover of Acoustic Sound's catalog early in the decade. I'm sure it was supposed to happen. Neither of the pair ever did.

22. Guardian

Guardian Forum Resident

Well they made the 5.1 project with Steve Wilson for King Crimson. :)

23. Up to $810.00. Six days to go . . .

24. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I'm happy that Eddie is offering Free Shipping on that one! :D

25. glimmersingle

glimmersingle Forum Resident

There should be more copies ! Is anyone of you in contact to SONY employees who knew more about SONY´s SACD efforts (Distribution, promos) in the early days of that format. By the way my german neighbour! Have you ever heard about a SACD copy of "Conspiracy of one" by THE OFFSPRING. Between 2003 and 2004 there was one copy in the SACD shelve of SATURN - Hansarin / Cologne for almost a year. Just when I decided to buy that single layer disc it was gone!:realmad:

Regards

FRank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.