Aerosmith Rocks SACD is alive!

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by OE3, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hdsemaj

hdsemaj Forum Resident

Does the currently available CD of "Rocks" sound pretty good? I don't have this album, yet.

2. christopher

christopher Forum Neurotic

the current CD, reissued in 1993, is probably the best available version out there.

later, chris

3. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Yep, The Anesini remaster sounds fine.

4. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

It's a little bright but not too bad.

5. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Bump. Now that I hear another greatest hits collection of Aerosmith will be released, wondering if anybody heard from Mofi on licensing "Rocks" for SACD.

6. OE3

OE3 Senior Member Thread Starter

can any Aerosmith fan tell me if 'my' disc has surfaced anywhere else since this thread was posted? i have not checked eBay nor do i read Aerosmith fan sites, so if anyone can fill me in, that'd be awful nice. what can i say, i'm curious! :)

7. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!!

Just put it on ebay with a Buy it Now price of $5000. You'll get a lot of interesting informatioin and questions!

8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

True. Someone might just buy it.

9. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I think $5K might be a bit high, but I bet it'd fetch close to $2K. I suppose if you put a $5K BIN, you'd find out. $5K would buy you a whole lot of great music. :D

My efforts at getting a copy through insider channels have gotten me nowhere. No one seems to have this.

10. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I'm curious about this too.

Just wonder how few copies were made.

11. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Bump again! Any word on Sony opening up their vaults?!

12. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Yet amother bump. The news that MFSL will release a surround mix of the Cowboy Junkies "Whites off Earth Now" album, I wonder if other record companies (Sony, please!) will license surround mixes of their albums to various audiophile labels. It would be super cool to hear "Rocks" in multichannel!

13. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Do you guys think that perhaps this title was also pressed in Japan and pulled too? There might be some Japanese copies hanging around used bins in Tokyo... ;)

14. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Bump! Any news of a re-release of this title on hybrid SACD?

15. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Not a word.

Unfortunately.

I'm gonna have to fly on out to Eddie's house to hear his. :laugh:

16. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

its definitely the lost "holy grail" of SACD's.

17. OE3

OE3 Senior Member Thread Starter

my folks live in St. Louis. i could come to you. where's Moline from the Gateway city?

18. Matt Levy

Matt Levy Forum Resident

What is the secret of the grail?
    Who does it serve?
    I want one!!!

19. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

20. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

Hey Eddie,

What section of Amoeba did you find this? I was out in LA a few weeks ago and went to Amoeba. I checked the SACD section for anything out of the ordinary and came up with nothing. If yours didn't come in the standard slip case, I could see how this might accidentally slip into the standard Used CD section of which I did not look for any Aerosmith.

21. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

Sorry, just realized this was a thread from the summer of 2006! Regardless, I do check the SACD/DVD-A section of Ameoba and don't usually find much. They've even moved the section down to the floor probably because of lack of interest in whatever inventory they have.

22. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Oh wicked, naughty evil sony, they set light to their beacon, which just happened to be SACD shaped...

:D

23. filper

filper Forum Resident

FYI. There's a copy of 'Toys In The Attic' SACD sitting on a shelf at Oakville Best Buy... $45.

If anyone's interested.

24. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

Was this title ever officially available? I see that Eddie's is a promo, but if it was never officially solicited, it wouldn't be anywhere but a used store. But, with the lack of interest in SACD when it was supposed to be released, I could see how only a few made it out the door as few accounts were probably interested in it.

25. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Toys In the Attic was widely available. I bought mine at Best Buy. Rocks was distributed as a promo only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.