Aerosmith Rocks SACD is alive!

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by OE3, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Wow.

BB Canada charges a ton for SACDs but $45?

Their Sony titles are usually in the $27.99 -> $30.99 range.
    That's why I almost always buy on-line from the US, unless I can't find it elsewhere (like Satriani's Engines of Creation)

2. metalbob

metalbob Senior Member

Maybe it actually made it out in Canada?

Can't believe you can't find Satriani. I don't own it, but could swear I've seen that one a thousand times over the last few years.

3. filper

filper Forum Resident

Most SACD's at BB are $21.99 (give or take)... mind you I did pay $49.99 for 'Oh. Yeah!' on SACD. Worth every penny in my opinion. I love the sonics.

4. ericc2000

ericc2000 Forum Resident

Man, I only paid $15.00 for my SACD copy of Toys in the Attic at our local Best Buy, and that was just a few months ago. This Best Buy still has quite a few SACDs laying around.

5. tiggers

tiggers Formerly tiggres

I got a little curious about this title and did some searching. Really not that much on the internet. But I did find a few small but interesting things:

This last one is most interesting A Digital Compact Cassette? The description is for a SACD. But maybe it is just a typo.

6. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

#2 Looks interesting...

7. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

The Wherehouse Music near me has had one in the used bin for months for $7.99 with a note about how it will not play in a regular CD player. The note keeps getting bigger since it has apparently been purchased and returned a number of time by folks who can't be bothered with reading. :D

8. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

:laughup: :biglaugh:

9. johmbolaya

johmbolaya Active Member

Doesn't MFSL have an exclusive deal with Sony/BMG?

10. filper

filper Forum Resident

I had another look last week... it's $49.99 ! I even had the dude double check the price under the scanner.

11. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Does anyone have the Japanese mini-lp sleeve version from 2004? If so, how does it sound compared to the 1993 US remaster?

12. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Wait a minute...let's not forget the original lp. I'd like to do a shoot out between it and this SACD.

13. I have a White Label Promo that would be perfect. :agree:

14. motorcitydave

There you go!

15. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I have the Quadraphonic SQ LP of Rocks!!!

16. longjohn

longjohn New Member

Yow. I bought the "Toys" SACD from amazon a few months ago for, I think, $25 or thereabouts. It sounds very nice (note that it's not a hybrid, one of the very few such that I have) though not astoundingly good. I was expecting to be blown away and I really wasn't. The intro section to "Sweet Emotion" is where the enhanced sonics are most obvious, IMO.

17. filper

filper Forum Resident

I actually ended up getting 'Toys' for $30.99 a couple of weeks after my post above at the same store.

They matched their own web price.

18. DustinTaj

DustinTaj Forum Resident

Why is TITA so expensive at best buy? You can get it directly from sony music store for $14 and from amazon for $18.

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=2629&skuId=51922

http://www.amazon.com/Toys-Attic-Ae...0930409?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1181305686&sr=8-4

But now I'm confused because best buy sells it for $15.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5998478&st=toys+in+the+attic&type=product&id=1624379

Did you mean something other than TITA?

19. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I got the TITA SACD at Best Buy a few weeks ago for $15. It doesn't have the fancy SACD slipcase - it looks just like the regular CD release except for the SACD logo and the warning that it only plays on SACD players. I would bet that when originally released, TITA (and many other SACD's) were much more expensive. The prices seemed to have dropped as interest failed to catch fire.

20. filper

filper Forum Resident

Only in Canada, eh. By the time I imported 'Toys' SACD, it would be close to what I paid here.

21. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Me too!!! :righton:

22. Manic Mechanic

Manic Mechanic Active Member

I lucked into my Toys SACD used for 7$. Wish I could do the same for Rocks.

23. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

How does Rocks sound in quad? Is it a decent mix?

24. Scott Strobel

Scott Strobel Forum Resident

I have the quad album and I have to say, well IT ROCKS!!

Personally, I like the quad mix over the stereo mix. I think it has a nice mix of front and rear speaker use that is not overblown. The quad version really lets all the multi-layered guitars open up with the quad separation. The drums are even bigger and badder. The vocals move around here and there and little hidden sounds on the stereo version come out to swirl all around the speakers. Nicely done I think!

Once you hear it in quad you might not want to listen to the stereo version anymore. Don't get me wrong the stereo version is killer too, but the quad version really brings this album to life to me.

25. motorcitydave

So, anyone ready for the shoot-out? :wave: :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.