Alanis Morissette- Jagged Little Pill 20th Anniversary 2-disc and 4-disc editions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I got the 4CD edition. Some third party sellers Amazon have it for around $ 23.

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

How's the live concert disc on the 4-disc set? Is it worth buying the 4-disc set for?

3. bartels76

I sampled it on Spotify and it was good. Some of her B-sides had some live versions so I've always enjoyed it. Her band at the time was really tight.

4. smokeverbs

smokeverbs Senior Member

Here's an extended mix of "You Oughta Know" that I created from stems a few years ago. Would love any comments/criticism. Of note: the stems are from the "clean version", so I had to be creative at one point for continuity. Bass solo in the middle!

leeroy jenkins likes this.
  5. PaulKTF

That sounds really good! I like it!

6. SecondHandNews

SecondHandNews Forum Resident

Packaging is really nice!

Geez, these days, companies are so half-ass with box sets, you're just thankful the discs arrive in new condition!

These did! Not floating around or jammed into sleeves you struggle to get out with pliers (I've never actually tried that, I'm trying to illustrate a point, did I?)

I really like that iridescent look on the back with the colors of the original album cover.

Sorry, I'm referring to the 4-CD set, by the way.

Did anyone purchase the one from her official online store that comes with the journal?

7. PaulKTF

8. PaulKTF

Here are some clips of Alanis on You Can't Do That On Television. :)

ARK likes this.
  9. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

I was really surprised to see the Deluxe at Walmart. I mean, the original cd is to be found in every bargain bin or market stand all over the world!

I liked it back in the day, but AM has become one of those 90's acts I absolutely cannot hear anymore, like The Cranberries for instance.

poe_man likes this.
  10. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

I think the remaster sounds night and day better than the original release.

fuse999 likes this.
  11. PaulKTF

I was surprised but this is a rare case where the remaster beats the original.

Carlox, red corner and c-eling like this.
  12. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

agreed

13. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Plan on picking this up also, Curious if they went back to the 2012 Chris Bellman for these (the lp is very dynamic also)

14. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

15. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Listened on Apple Music. It's enjoyable, she had a great band (with Taylor Hawkins on drums), but I'm kind of curious why they didn't use a show later in the tour (early 1996) from...Kalamazoo, MI, I think? There were some live b-sides from the album I remember having at the time, and I recall they absolutely smoked. They even used one from that show as a substitute music video:

I guess maybe she wanted something from earlier in the tour that was 'rawer,' but by that later show, she (and the band) had a bigger sound and a lot more confidence, and the recording of it was much better. Still enjoyed the listen though, having a live band and killer drummer really makes these songs come back to life compared to the studio versions.

16. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

The waveform is slightly thicker, but yes, it does sound better.

zen likes this.
  17. PaulKTF

My copy of the Target-exclusive edition arrived today. It's interesting (well, kinda...) to note that the Target-exclusive live bonus tracks (the ones that were used for the Space Cakes EP) were placed on the second disc and put after the standard 10 previously-unreleased tracks.

They should have just included these tracks on the standard 2-disc edition since there was plenty of room on the second disc for them.

kenbefound and ARK like this.
  18. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

I agree, that would have been ideal. I'm just glad that someone at Warners clearly knows what material they have in the vaults, which may bode well for future reissues. I'd like to at least see one for Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie, although I don't know how much of a demand there would be for deluxe editions of the albums that followed it.

kenbefound likes this.
  19. PaulKTF

A Deluxe Edition of Supposed... would be great! I still think that's a really under-rated album and I haven't heard any of the non-album tracks from that album's era.

20. bartels76

Alanis was on Howard Stern today and Jimmy Fallon yesterday FYI. Big push for this reissue I guess!

21. PaulKTF

22. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Or at least on the 4-disc version.

ARK and aseriesofsneaks like this.
  23. PaulKTF

24. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I'm listening to the live disc on Apple Music. It sounds like a bootleg. I'm gonna stick with the Target Deluxe Edition as I already have the acoustic album.

25. skateaway

skateaway Forum Resident

Is the HDTracks hi-res download version of this 2015 remaster a different mastering to the CD?

http://www.hdtracks.com/jagged-little-pill-collector-s-edition-264613

A friend of mine emailed me this today after running his new CD through the TT dynamic range meter:

[​IMG]
    And here is a new entry on the DR database for the HDTracks version:

[​IMG]

These are very different. I find it hard to believe that there are different masterings, maybe one of these measurements has been screwed up? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.