Albums You Most Desperately Want Reissued On Vinyl!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jam757, Mar 22, 2018.

1. LostWilbury

LostWilbury Forum Resident

Huge box of Van Morrison's early records.
    Sinatra - It Might As Well Be Swing
    ELO's Discovery

c-eling likes this.
  2. SongAndDanceMan

SongAndDanceMan Forum Resident

Zombies AAA
    Frank Ocean Blond
    Charlie Brown Christmas AAA
    Currently waiting for the Gil Scott Heron Pieces of A Man that is AAA later this year

3. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Especially "Giants":

https://www.discogs.com/The-Stranglers-Giants/release/3585983

I mean, foking hell! Freedom may be insane. But so are these prices. Still vividly remember that morning in Hamburg, early spring 2012, Michelle Records. Five copies of this sitting in the "New Arrivals" section. Ultra glad I never caved in and sold mine. Solid album. And I absolutely love the vinyls uncensored artwork. Once a reissue comes, these prices won't hold. Still... I'm keeping mine.

4. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

AAA of the Death catalog.
    Everything from the Sky , Brain and Egg labels AAA.

Neonbeam likes this.
  5. ndoheny

ndoheny Forum Resident

Mobile Fidelity did Life’s Rich Pageant and Document in 2011 so those two survived the fire at least.

Dmac99 and It's Felix like this.
  6. Neonbeam

Yeah, sure. Still prices like that are (or: "Have been") unusual for a mainstream (aka "widely distributed/ successful") album from the mid to late 80's. The problem with those vintage 60's and 70's albums is that they were often played on stone age equipment. And in the hands of teenagers.

(Mainstream) Titles from the 80's on the other hand were mostly cheap and plentiful. Especially in West Germany where vinyl was never really passé. Still there's currently a change. The Cure, Prince, those 4AD albums.... apparently Tracy Chapman :)uhhuh:).... there's a change in the market. Albums from that era won't probably reach the same heights as stuff from 1992 onwards, when pressing runs became smaller and not each title got a worldwide release. But: 50 bucks for "Tracy Chapman"? Not bad, not bad at all! :righton:

7. VeryVnl

VeryVnl Well-Known Member

I got to that too late and as a RSD release most people couldn’t get it anyway. When I got to know about the release it was already sold out everywhere. It seems to only available at flippers’ price now (min. $75) unfortunately. So a larger number or non-limited release would be wonderful!

8. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Don’t they keep reissuing Ride - Nowhere? I have a lovely 2 disc white blue swirly edition from a few years back. Wasn’t expensive at the time.

Neonbeam likes this.
  9. It's Felix

I have so many 4ad, creation, factory, Fiction LPs with prices only going one way. It does seem bizarre.

Neonbeam likes this.
  10. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Your ‘lovely 2 disc version’ is worth quite a lot now as it’s out of print and hasn’t been reissued for about 4 years...

It's Felix likes this.
  11. It's Felix

Hmmm thats surprising. I will have to look it up on D. I have an original too - I assume that is up too. From seeing Ride with about 75 people in Newcastle 30 odd years ago - who would have guessed the demand now?!

richbdd01 likes this.
  12. It's Felix

Did Dusk ever get released on Vinyl? I had it on tape... I have Infected on vinyl - but Dusk would be great to own.

FuturisticWorkshop likes this.
  13. The Pizza Tapes
    Ptah the el Daoud
    Old and in the Way
    You Must Believe in Spring
    We Will Meet Again

14. FuturisticWorkshop

FuturisticWorkshop Forum Resident

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Greendale
    Terry Reid - Seed of Memory

Dennis Metz likes this.
  15. FuturisticWorkshop

Dusk was issued on vinyl in England or Germany. I have an import of it. One of my favorite albums

16. FuturisticWorkshop

T
    That was reissued last year

Neonbeam likes this.
  17. Neonbeam

But only by Vinyl Me Please. Not available anywhere else....

18. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Why should that be a factor? It's not out of print, and you don't need a subscription to order. Just $35 straight off their site.
    I honestly prefer that to the current MoFi approach, where they drop every new release in limited batches that are gone in days or hours, and then "Waiting on Repress" for months. Yes, other stores get copies besides MusicDirect, but only a handful, and they really don't discount them beyond the set MoFi price.

At some point VMP is gonna exhaust their license on the FIona titles and then they WILL be OOP, and quite expensive. Maybe Sony will license them to someone else later, but I wouldn't bet on it.

19. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

You can buy it there and doesn't appear to be limited plus it's black vinyl and not some gimmick splatter.

20. redmedicine

redmedicine Pop Punk Psych Prog

The entire American Music Club catalog would be wonderful, but I'm not sure if it would make sense financially. I was able to pick up a copy of California directly from Mark E!

It's Felix and patient_ot like this.
  21. Emerald Bar

Emerald Bar Forum Resident

I'd quite like to see a vinyl reissue of Heaven and Hell's The Devil You Know. I've read it rocks harder.
    I have slightly selfish reasons for wanting this album to be reissued as it would mean I would have all of the Ozzy and Dio-era Sabbath studio albums on vinyl.

22. Neonbeam

I did buy it there. Still for Europeans it's a bit of an effort. On the plus side: I never had issues with damaged sleeves since they are packing their stuff really well.

23. David Sonnier

David Sonnier Forum Resident

I could only think of Blue Train Cool Strutin as something to come out on Blue Note Classics Series.

I saw Charlie Brown at first opening of this thread.. definitely CB Christmas..I love the album

24. dubious title

dubious title Forum Resident

How about the drumming and drum sound on that record?!?!?!?!?!?! Vinnie!

FuturisticWorkshop likes this.
  25. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

Yes. I have it although its not in the best condition. Its a little noisy, i don't know if its because i bought it used or the pressing wasn't the best.

It's Felix likes this.