Alice Cooper Welcome to My Nightmare DVD

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by floyd, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floyd

floyd Senior Member Thread Starter

Any comments. I would think it should be great but I haven't really seen or heard anything about it so I wonder.

2. I have a thread at the HTF asking members to nominate there single best sounding recording. No restriction on format, genre....just the best sound recording that you own.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=207260

One member nominated WTMN, which was a real surprise to me.

I have not heard it myself, but I may just hunt it down.

BGL

3. floyd

Nice thread Brian. The poster is talking about the DVD-A and the one I am refering to in this thread is a DVD of a WTMN performance. Gary must have it.

4. dcooper

dcooper New Member

Is this a concert video or a conceptual video? I vaguely remember seeing a "music video" for the title song on the Midnight Special back in the '70s.

5. floyd

Thats actually my question too Dan. I wasn't sure if it was a concert or or what. Seem like the DVD-A of WTMN has some sort of video ( I'll have to check) which I can't access since I don't have a DVD-A player, strange because Billion Dollars Babies has a concept video of Elected which can be played on the DVD video player

6. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

It's a concert video. Sound & picture are very muddy. Good commentary track by Alice.

7. stinsojd

stinsojd Senior Member

If you're a REAL Alice Cooper fan, the commentary is the star of this show (in my opinion.) The sound quality is very bad, and as Larry stated, the picture is muddy. If there were no commentary, it would only be necessary for the absolute Cooper completist. If you've ever seen the DVD of the Yes concert movie "YesShows," it's in that league with regard to sound and picture quality - pretty hard to take.

Still, this may be the only DVD I own where I've actually listened to all of the commentary. In the case of this DVD, I've listened more than once. It just feels like you have Alice in the room with you - watching along with you and sharing his memories.

8. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

sounds like a good rental at Netflix.

9. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

I love this dvd, but I have to agree with this assessment. I grew up wanting to BE Alice Cooper (now I teach all my "Goth" students about their roots), and the WTMN show was the very first concert I ever attended. So, the dvd is a must for fans like me, and the commentary is the best part. The sound is okay, and the picture is tolerable. To me, it's like owning an officially sanctioned bootleg.

10. floyd

Except a lot cheaper. The price tag is pretty small so the commentary is probably worth it.

11. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

This is a concert video? I remember that Alice Cooper had a TV special based on the Welcome to My Nightmare lp back around the time of it's release. It featured Vincent Price IIRC.

12. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

That's what I thought that this would be when I bought it. But it's not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.