Alice Cooper's "Easy Action", "Killer" and "Welcome to my Nightmare" on Rhino coming 1/23/18! *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by If I Can Dream_23, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

I guess I can burn my green UK "Killer" with 1973 calendar then? Must be a bootleg.

Thanks, mate! Love your tone!

Ethan B and mestreech like this.
  2. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I have to give you all the credit for being the first in line, of course. Go ahead and send the website people the info about your 1973 UK calendar, then!

3. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I hope so, I find coloured vinyl really gimmicky. I bought the Love it to Death coloured vinyl and it was pretty noisey.

4. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

Lets hope Schools Out & Muscle Of Love get the full treatment next Rocktober, the most difficult to replicate album art wise.

TC

5. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

No greater rate of defects with colored vinyl than with black vinyl - which is also dyed.

Deano6, quicksrt and tinnox like this.
  6. Jack

Jack Senior Member

True. My copy of Love it to Death was pristine and noise-free.

7. Neonbeam

Oh, I'll leave that up to you, since you seem especially eager to prove sick things:whistle:

8. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Not my ballgame - enjoy the calendar.

9. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I have a vinyl Killer from 2012
    Alice Cooper - Killer

I missed out on a coloured Billion Dollar Babies but not all Rhino releases seem to be easily available in the UK.

englishbob likes this.
  10. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I don't understand the bikering.
    The Sickyhings website is THE best in the world for Alice Cooper (group and solo) info.
    Find me a better one and please show it to me.

And for THE calendar I am hoping Rhino will replicate the FIRST pressing of the vinyl so also the first calendar.

tinnox likes this.
  11. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

I've seen UK copies of Killer with the 1973 calendar, and Discogs confirms it:

Alice Cooper - Killer
    Alice Cooper - Killer

Side issue: School's Out was the 1st album I ever bought, summer 72. For the past 45 years, something's puzzled me about it: why only 4 band members in the photo inside the desk? Well, I finally solved it the other day! D'OH :doh:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  12. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Not sure what the point of re-issuing Killer is, unless it is just coloured vinyl. The Chris Bellman cut from 2012 is good enough as it is

Alice Cooper - Killer

I would rather Rhino hurry up and release Billion Dollar Babies in UK/Europe, so far all vinyl reissues of this have not been supplied to Europe, which is crap.

13. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

I bought them both and like them. It's hard to find good copies of the originals of those records. You remember, one hand holding the record and the other holding the roach clip.

Jam757 likes this.
  14. Neonbeam

Just don't let Combination see that. Apparently British pressings don't count when an artist hails from Detroit:righton:

These calendar variations always were a bit of confusing because while countries like the USA apparently kept reissuing "Killer" without calendar, other countries simply saw that the calendar stayed up to date as late as 1974.

But then again.... "School's Out"'s panties also came in various colours. But wait.... that might have been a European thing again and one examination a day is enough:evil:,

guitardiet likes this.
  15. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for catching that. I didn't notice that "Welcome To My Nightmare" was included.

Rocketdog likes this.
  16. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yes indeed! I keep hoping we will see those two by Rhino in the near future.

17. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

I hope so too. Given that these titles are arriving only 3 months after the last, perhaps we'll see them even sooner than that.

tinnox and If I Can Dream_23 like this.
  18. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

I know vinyl is dyed black, I’m saying the other colours are gimmicky, especially with swirls, splodges, spots, etc. I’m not 12 years old and dazzled by colour spinning round. All my black vinyl of AC sounds good but the first LITD was noisey and had to swap it for another copy. B$B has green artwork, so what, we need a green disc? Looks like someone threw up on it.

Ethan B likes this.
  19. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I think it’s sharp with the original green inner section

20. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

The main thing is if the record sounds good. If they choose to release them in multi colours, it’s not my preference, but I don’t really care as long as the sound is good. Sometimes it seems like record companies put more effort into the packaging to grab sales than into the actual music.

21. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Billion Dollar Babies colored vinyl sounds great

22. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

I don't mean to be another person to point out the obvious to you, but of course they do. Especially when the albums have already been reissued before. The labels feel they need to do something different to give people a reason to buy them, again, so colored vinyl is often they way to go. Especially from a collectibility angle. Regardless, I'm still betting these will be better than the Friday Music reissued versions from a few years back, and are already much cheaper. I'm glad I held off on buying those now.

23. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

Really happy these two are coming out. I never expected the first two albums to get any notice, and I love me some Easy Action.

24. rednedtugent

rednedtugent Forum Resident

Any opinions on ;Pretties for you? colored vinyl? Was holding in my hands today, but did not purchase.

mestreech likes this.
  25. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Yeah. The guy who pointed out that black vinyl didn’t point anything out to me, as I think everyone knows that. He just wanted to show others that he knew it. I understand how marketing works, it was just my phrasing. The record companies are all fully aware that there are obsessive trainspotters who will lose it over the same album being reissued in 12 different colours and need all of them. But then some people don’t get out much do they?

Ethan B likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.