Alice In Chains Dirt Vinyl Reissue coming?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmcgoldrick, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

Sounds right- I could be wrong but I don't recall seeing any MOV represses over the years.

mikedifr0923 likes this.
  2. mackeyse

mackeyse Forum Resident

Good catch. I had been seeing the redux often and felt it was a bit misleading

Odd the didn’t announce it ahead of time but perhaps they were waiting for the vinyl backlog to clear up.

3. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

MoV do represses for certain albums on different colours, which is dependent on their licensing agreement. For example, their reissues of various Roadrunner Records albums did receive represses over the years of Nailbomb, Madball, Annihilator, Fear Factory, etc.

Pali Gap likes this.
  4. Pali Gap

Actually I'm thinking my MOV Jar of Flies/SAP was a repress- I got it brand new in 2020 for $28. Glad I grabbed it then, it has since skyrocketed in value lol.

Chrome_Head and Murph like this.
  5. Murph

Murph Enjoy every sandwich!

You're lucky. I missed this and now it's going for north of $150 bucks. And I LOVE Jar of Flies...Ugh

Sean, mikedifr0923 and Chrome_Head like this.
  6. JamsOnly

JamsOnly Senior Member

Thanks for the heads-up and link OP, ordered.

jmcgoldrick likes this.
  7. Seconded.

Weird that there does not seem to be any info out there anywhere, but this is not one to sleep on.

faceinthecrowd and jmcgoldrick like this.
  8. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I also ordered from Europe. No sign of this in Europe.

9. ScaleTheInferno

ScaleTheInferno Forum Resident

Following, curious what remaster will bring. Even the original LP had a dense muffled sound, the mids just don't have much bite.

10. HaulSudson

HaulSudson Active Member

Preordered last night, thanks!

11. Tom Hakala

Tom Hakala Forum Resident

Three years ago my local shop had MoV sale and I got:
    Alice In Chains - Dirt
    Alice In Chains - JOF/Sap
    Alice In Chains - Unplugged
    Stone Temple Pilots - Purple
    Stone Temple Pilots - Tiny Music..
    Dream Theater - Images & Words
    Mad Season - Above

Those were 19,90€ / each... :D

pexie, Turbo2k, Sean and 7 others like this.
  12. Tom Hakala

Tom Hakala Forum Resident

That op link brings me to some "Dirt Music" movie. And I can't find any info or any preorder for the release.

13. Sorry I can't help you with that. The link still works for me and it shows that I did the pre-order yesterday. Possible because you are outside the US?

I do note again though that other than the link, I could not find a listing for it when searching Amazon. Not sure how things really work with Amazon, but I seem to recall previous listing that somehow appear yet are not findable with a site search.

14. ryanparr

ryanparr Well-Known Member

15. tfunk182

tfunk182 Forum Resident

OP Link takes me to a Page not found error

16. Pali Gap

I just got a reply from NTX Vinyl on YouTube. Re this 'Dirt' release he says:

'Yup! It's coming. The actual "announce date" is August 12th (not the release date, despite what Amazon says - they posted it without permission. Shocker). Release date is September 23rd. I am planning to have tons of copies avail. Stay tuned.'

As per the 30th anniversary link above, looks like 23rd Sept is correct date..

17. TongueDruid

TongueDruid The Delectable Dingleberry

No more amazon page. That other store above says those standard and limited editions are slated for Sept 23rd, so I bet if this really is official the amazon listing was a "whoops!" and Legacy/Sony will roll out the marketing this month for a Sept release. Facelift vinyl reissue had plenty of promo way before release, and the official Alice socials haven't uttered a thing about Dirt yet, even though those pages are still very active.
    So, great news it looks like a 30th remaster is likely on the way! Gonna take a few more minutes than that initial Aug 12th listing had posted, though.

Sean, Chrome_Head and faceinthecrowd like this.
  18. TongueDruid

JINX you owe me a coke!

Chrome_Head likes this.
  19. coltrane1013

coltrane1013 Forum Resident

Put in a pre-order last night while the Amazon link was still active. Hopefully it carries over and they honor it (and the posted $32.98 price).

20. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

faceinthecrowd likes this.
  21. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Well, I've been keen to have Dirt on a 2 LP set for many years. Once a working link is back up, I'm there.

ODShowtime likes this.
  22. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

They're in New Zealand, which might explain the price.

FWatty likes this.
  23. TongueDruid

I am wondering what the deluxe edition will provide this time around! Probably likely there's nothing to add that isn't already in the Music Bank set. If we're lucky, a live dvd this time? Interested to see...

mr. faded glory likes this.
  24. FWatty

Ah, my bad.

I forgiveth.

Sean, Pinknik and faceinthecrowd like this.
  25. FWatty

It's great timing because I've almost pulled the trigger a couple times this past month at $100+ and on a MOV version that probably would have been better as a double LP.