All Things Mötley Crüe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Joint Attention

Joint Attention Forum Resident

I like the bassline.

BA Baracus likes this.
  2. Scott Sheagren

Scott Sheagren I’m a Metal,Rock,Jazz Fusion,Gaga type of guy.

i love New Tattoo!a few fillers but i think all around its a great record.sola i think is pretty decent def a few clunkers on that one though.man id love for one more studio album!

3. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Interesting. I’ve never heard of that. If a radio station had it I wonder if there was a dj promo cd of it. Shame it’s only 128.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

The cassette should be played back with Dolby b turned on. The raw tracks cd appears to have some analog eq applied though. It sounds better than the straight transfer I attempted of the cassette on my nakamichi deck. I abandoned trying to remaster it because no matter what I tried, the 1st press vinyl transfer I have sounded better.

Does your canadian cassette have any damage? Mine plays with the high end dulled for the first few seconds of the first song on each side. Not sure how that happened. I also couldn’t get the tape to play. My deck kept stopping. So I split the shell open and put it in the shell of a blank tape and it plays fine.

5. Chastain

Chastain New Member

So what is this I hear the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame says there is NO WAY Crue will ever be in the hall? I really think they are the epitome of Rock-n-Roll bands. What's up with this?

Chastain

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Scott Sheagren

Scott Sheagren I’m a Metal,Rock,Jazz Fusion,Gaga type of guy.

i listened to the Dr feelgood cd from the early 90s vs the remaster.i like the 2000 remaster and i like the remaster much better.def louder but its less muffled and flat sounding.but im sure there are waves clipped.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Wow. I think the original Dr. Feelgood is one of the best sounding CD's ever pressed.

Queezma and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. artfromtex

9. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

The sound of the album in general is fantastic! Bob Rock worked his magic for sure. Metallica wanted that feel and sonics for the Black album...hence why they started working with Bob Rock. The Cult's Sonic Temple also has a similar sound. I love it!!

artfromtex, twicks and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I think Russian bots are rating The Dirt on Rotten Tomatoes.
    Kidding aside it's a shame that this movie took so long to make. It would have been cool to conicide while when they were still a touring act.

11. bartels76

As well the Primal Scream single.

12. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Agreed re: Primal (even Teaser, Angela, and Anarchy)
    And as much as I love the '94 Corabi album, I thought Rock's production was a little too "bombastic". That was one of the first cd's I ever heard where I thought to myself "wow this is almost too overpowering". Still a great album tho….

Pouchkine and thxphotog like this.
  13. bartels76

Yeah they took the Feelgood sound and blew it up. Might have been better if they mirrored Rock's approach to Metallica's Black Album.

Matthew Tate and Queezma like this.
  14. artfromtex

15. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

One of the more interesting parts of the movie.

16. Boswell

My favourite part of the movie, especially the very last part

artfromtex and Scott Sheagren like this.
  17. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I only watched the movie once but in this scene it immediately looked painfully obvious that the guy playing Nikki had no idea how to hold a pick and play bass. I don't remember if he was better in the Mick audition scene (or any other scene), maybe this Shout era clip was filmed first and he got better. They shouldn't have filmed his hands and/or stuck to long shots because it's very distracting.

So, to sum up, I still believe the real Nikki Sixx can play bass but don't believe the thespian "Nikki Sixx" can.

Oh, and I hated the syrupy "win or lose we're Motley Crue" intro to that scene. It didn't work for me because it seemed to try too hard to define the members; old guy, young guy, runaway guy, cover band guy. I mean, what does being a cover band singer have to do with anything, doesn't everybody start out that way?

Matthew Tate, Queezma and Boswell like this.
  18. Boswell

Yep I noticed he had no idea how to hold a pick right away. Looks very awkward doesnt it?
    The movie as a whole is just no good but I'm enjoying it now as a lark. The ending is quite unbelievably bad, though. The whole 1994 era into the phony make up and getting back together scenes (that never happened, how could Vince watch that scene?!) to that horrible voice-over as they walked to the stage 2005 era. Whoo is it bad!

19. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

It’s so bad but I somehow enjoy watching it. Watched it twice and have a feeling there’ll be another evening where I’m at home with nothing else to do but order a pizza, drink a few beers and watch the dirt. I don’t know why. I can’t explain it.

Boswell likes this.
  20. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

Yeah, I wonder what it's like to watch your biopic with scenes that aren't just exaggerated but totally fabricated. Like those guys would have ever talked alone sans a half-dozen managers, agents, etc. I guess that's showbiz.

This 2005 VH1 documentary is a much better watch:

mark renard and Boswell like this.
  21. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I don't think The Dirt is a great movie but it was better than I thought it would be and weirdly enjoyable. I guess that's the upside of having zero expectations.

I think for me it felt like they did a reasonable job of visually recreating an era and that's probably helped by the fact that I've never been to Los Angeles so even if it wasn't totally accurate it was close enough for me.

Where the movie falls short is that by cramming so much into 100 minutes nothing seems to be accurate in terms of the timeline. When the trailer first dropped people were complaining about the guitar Mick was playing in the Shout live scene. That's irrelevant to me, but when you've got Skylar in a scene from the 1985 tour it's just too off kilter. It seems like the whole movie is like that, to the point where even the minor changes (wrong guitars, wrong car in Vince's 1984 accident) become less forgivable.

Boswell and Matthew Tate like this.
  22. My tape plays painfully SLOW. Even if I turn up the pitch all the way. I'm gonna try to put it in another cassette housing. I agree though, I doubt I can get it sound better than my vinyl rip.

rnranimal likes this.
  23. Boswell

24. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

25. Boswell

What? I had no idea it had those kind of pics . . . No, I do not own that book Queezma but I definitely need a copy!

Matthew Tate and Queezma like this.