All Things Must Pass 2017 vinyl: why aren't we talking about this excellent reissue?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rischa, Dec 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roosevelt Sykes

Roosevelt Sykes Forum Resident

Snagged one that I can't afford.
    Says just 2 left.

JFSebastion likes this.
  2. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

Yeah $38 is still a chunk of money but given the fact that it’s three discs in a beautiful package it’s a purchase you won’t regret.

JFSebastion and Roosevelt Sykes like this.
  3. danner

danner Forum Resident

Thanks for the link!

4. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

I grabbed one a few hours ago. Now it's showing 'Out of Stock'.

ego1jr likes this.
  5. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

You must have gotten the last one. I have one but I would have grabbed another too! My favorite of all time.

daveidmarx likes this.
  6. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Minus some parts of my copy there is some surface noise. Otherwise this RSD version sounds great. Having said that I like my 2017 copy better since it is dead quiet and seems to be very similar to the RSD version but I have yet to compare back to back.

7. Daven23

Daven23 Forum Resident

Got three copies of the original,

$1- record store maybe around 2010
    $3- Thrift Store/ Antique Barn 2017
    $1 small thrift store also last year.
    All in great shape

Thus I have no reason to shell out 70 dollars for a reprint

8. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I echo what you've said here.

9. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

I have his vinyl box already, but I couldn’t help myself. Great album great deal.

10. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

Clark V Kauffman and RobCos02330 like this.
  11. helter

helter Forum Resident

I’ve got mine from the Harrison box set which is underrated because people complained about the price but was a good deal when you consider how many albums were in the box set imo.
    The only waste was the picture disc

12. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

Finally grabbed one myself. The one I own is pretty beat up box wise. I had bought it used awhile back. Couldn’t pass up at this price. Amazon tells me 8/14 delivery.

Sci-Fi Kid likes this.
  13. StateOfTheArt

StateOfTheArt Beatle Know-it-all

I'm trying to get a hold of an original UK/German copy - I'm on the fence about the remaster since I don't have a copy. What do you guys think?

14. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I think if you don’t have a copy of the remaster and can’t find yourself a original UK/German copy you should get yourself a copy of the remaster. I prefer my remaster to original US copy.

15. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Are you talking about "All Things Must Pass"? Wow! Even though I wonder how anybody can put anything bellow "$10" on a boxset like this.... and even for $10 it would be a steal...

dasacco likes this.
  16. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Would like to have a new pressing (I have a mostly intact old copy—though the box is splitting, and there is an edge warp on record 2), but $60-70 is a little too steep for this album.

JFSebastion likes this.
  17. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Want to make sure I understand all this. I have UK, US and Japan original pressings, the reissue with colored cover, the numbered 2010 Record Store Day and a copy in the George Harrison Vinyl Box.

I assume that I don’t need the new one as it is the same as the one in the vinyl box. But, is there a reissue from 2014 I am missing? I can’t seem to find it among the Listings on discogs. Can someone enlighten me?

THANKS!

JFSebastion likes this.
  18. JFSebastion

JFSebastion Forum Resident

I wrote a review on Amazon, when I got it first day. I think it is still the "go to" review on their website. Short version, the 2017 version on vinyl it is fantastic. Check out my review for long version.

RiRiIII, rischa and Clark V Kauffman like this.
  19. JFSebastion

how is the reissue 2001 with color cover? the 2017 is dead quiet in the pressing. Allows you to turn it up without it blaring.

20. JFSebastion

if you can find a 2017 vinyl at or near list price, snag it. it is worth every penny. Dead quiet pressing

21. JFSebastion

have you played it yet? Dead quiet pressing!

22. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The 2001 reissue is probably the most interesting reissue, because of all the weird changes. Pressing quality was fine, as I recall. The EQ was messed with making sound harsh, the new cover looks like something from a fan site. They added bonus tracks at the end of each side, making it impossible to enjoy the album as a whole.

I preferred all my original pressings, most of which have some surface noise and slight imperfections.

superstar19, blutiga and JFSebastion like this.
  23. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

The 2017 version is the same as the box set pressing. It was supposedly cut by Ron McMaster from the files that were used for the 2014 digital remaster.

I prefer the 2010 RSD pressing. Unfortunately the vinyl quality is substandard.

RiRiIII, marcb and superstar19 like this.
  24. Daven23

Daven23 Forum Resident

Yes but this is going thrifting multiple times a week for 5 plus years at dozens of thrift stores. Few would be as crazy as me or the patience to continually only see Engelbert records but still continue on lol

25. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Now you tell me! ;) Actually this makes sense because at first I thought I got some different version from Walmart instead of the 2017 pressing since the hype sticker had 2014 on it (but I think also has a 2017 copyright in small print somewhere).

My 2010 vinyl is generally fairly quiet though IIRC but I think it’s a non-RSD UK copy (although I’m not sure there’s any difference between the two except a few words on the hype sticker).

Oh well, 1st world problems...

Tommyboy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.