All Things Must Pass - Mono

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Hatter, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

The album was recorded around 1970. I highly doubt there was ever a mono mix. It's probably fake.

3. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Brazil did a lot of the LPs of this era in "mono"... they're actually fold-downs of the stereo mix.

You can find some McCartney titles in the same series.

-Kevin

4. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Mono pressing from Brazil are always fold-downs, which I suspect these records are too. It sure would be expensive to find out.

5. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

From the looks of it, it seems legit. Joe and Joel are right, Brazil did have a lot of mono folddowns. If you look on ebay long enough you'll also see Mono Abbey Road's and Let It Be's, too.

6. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

If they are indeed fold-downs, why bother?

Evan

7. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

If they were originally intended to be in stereo, released in stereo in the country of orgin and in the US, and this set on ebay is a foldover, what is the point?

Unless someone has an affection for this allegedly Brazilian version, it's wasted money, IMO.

8. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

My point exactly.

I used to have a bootleg CD of the Brazilian mono "Wings Wild Life" albym, and there was no difference whatsoever.

Evan

9. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

This is especially tricky when you find a mono Ram, for which there was a real, different mono mix done for the promo copies, but the Brazilian mono Ram is nothing but a fold down.

10. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Hmm, really? I've seen a mono RAM cd floating around. Is the mix very different?

11. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

If you have a chance at a mono Ram vinyl that isn't the Brazil fold down, get it. They are very hard to find, and the mix is noticeably different, I have listened to the whole thing. Of course this my favorite McCartney album so I'm biased. If you are eyeing a mono Ram CD, then it is a counterfeit, because there were no official CDs with the mono mix.

12. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

It's certainly not a legit EMI CD I'm talking about, probably a needle drop. It's also my fave Macca album so I may pick it up at some point.

13. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

Monkberry Moon Delight ROCKS in the mono mix. PS one of the needle drops has horrible NR on it and the other doesn't.

14. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Any idea how to tell 'em apart? Bonus trax, etc?

15. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

They have different colors in the cover art, the same front shot of Paul with the Ram but different tinting. Unfortunately I don't own either so I can't tell you which one is the better one.

16. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Thanks.

17. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

If I'm not mistaken all the mono Ram CD's are needle drops. Rumour has it that the mono masters for Ram have disappeared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.