All Things TOOL

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Jul 12, 2017.

1. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

I absolutely love "Invincible"! That part around 9 minutes in just floors me every time I hear it! Can't wait till this is released properly! I'm hoping for a 12" of both of these songs!

Fishleehooke and Boswell like this.
  2. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah, this song is amazing! Cant wait for the record

3. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

There is a copy of a show floating around from 5-14-19 from Kanas City that is an awesome record. Better than this in my opinion.

4. CrankSomeFrank

CrankSomeFrank The eons are closing.

I saw the next show in Des Moines, last Friday. Still in a tizzy over it, it was that good. If only the sound hadn't sucked every time it got to the good, loud parts (thanks Well Fargos Arena sound guy!). First time seeing them and I've been a fan since Sober was on 120 Minutes.

5. wickedwatson

wickedwatson Forum Resident

Interesting quote from Wendy Dio (wife of late Ronnie) that mentions Tool.
    The CoS article is about the Dio hologram tour (link below), but I thought this was a cool nugget:

ON WHETHER THEY WERE SURPRISED BY THE OUTCRY FROM SOME DIO FANS
    WD: Not at all because it’s something new and I knew that would come with a lot of negativity. There’s always negativity. It’s always the same when there’s something new. When the CD came out, people were, like, “I don’t know about that.” Or when the cassette came out. But it becomes the norm. The innovators of rock music are all dying off or getting older. What do we have to replace it? We’d love to see all these people back again. Because, quite honestly, after Metallica or Tool, there really isn’t any band I can think of whose music will be remembered and played in 30 years.

Wendy Dio and Eyellusion CEO Jeff Pezzuti Discuss Ronnie James Dio Hologram Tour

JNTEX and Chrome_Head like this.
  6. AARecords

AARecords Forum Resident

Just listened to a snippet form that song. Think I'll wait for the album. Although in my youth I was a Tool Freak. Lots of squeegeeing!

7. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

2.5 weeks left for Amsterdam. Can't wait.

GoodKitty likes this.
  8. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

Prague in 3 days for me!

GoodKitty likes this.
  9. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

I listened to Aenima -> Lateralus -> 10000 Days this week.

Inneresting that Aenima to me now sounds quite simplistic, and I am totes over the interludes. Lateralus is still my Tool high point. 10000 Days has some great highs but some weak bits and sounds kinda disjointed, with songs seemingly patched together from fragments. Still awesome, mind.

I've deliberately not listened to the new stuff ... waiting until I have the new CD in my hands.

--Geoff

10. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Lateralus is definitely my favorite as well. Though nothing beats Eulogy!

11. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Om

fixed that for you ;)

HiredGoon and Yesternow like this.
  12. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

I boght Ænima on the US CD with hologram cover & the then in print Undertow in 1998 or so in a CD shop, they were still around back then. 21 years ago. Lateralus & 10k days came in 2nd hand on CD all copies still in the CD rack. Here we are several days later, the new album would be a nice Vinyl artefact.

13. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

14. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

August 30 isn't that far away so shouldn't preorders be happening soon? I still don't believe it will happen,the only way it comes out is if the CD is delivered by a leprechaun riding a unicorn

eric777 likes this.
  15. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

I saw the band earlier in the week in Prague which was a fantastic gig.

The two new tracks were stand-outs during the show, particularly Descending which was immense sounding. The youTube videos don’t do it justice.

It was also great that people adhered to the No Cell Phones rule during the show (except during the final track when MJK gave the green light). All gigs should be like this.

16. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

17. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Last minute decision to go to Donington to see them (well, not last minute, tickets bought on Tuesday). They were absolutely gob-smacking. Danny Carey is one of the all time great rock drummers, Maynard’s vocals were stunning (thought his voice was supposed to be shot)...and that guitar tone.

The 2 new tracks were utterly mesmerising.

Sound was crystal - we stood near the back just next to the sound towers, which helped.

It didn’t rain either. I’m praying for a fully UK tour before the end of the year...

18. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

It was wicked, wasn't it?

I was down the front. At times it felt like Danny's double bass rolls were gonna knock my head off (if the crowdsurfers didn't do it first). I nearly ruptures my spleen yelling along to Aenima, and biy do my legs hurt today. But it was worth it! Has there ever been a rock band that is so tight on stage?!

I guess Adam Jones is too busy with other things at the moment to read these forums. But if you are reading this Adam, I just want to say thank you. Thank you thank you thank you.:righton:

Seeing Tool meant I missed Slayer's last ever UK show. At this rate though, this could well be Tool's last ever UK show, I fear.

GoodKitty, brownsound2112 and Boswell like this.
  19. I love Tool but if I'm honest right now i couldn't care less about this new album.
    Just way too much pissing around that I've just lost all interest.

Complier likes this.
  20. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

I'm really confident we'll get a UK tour. They came 3 times for 10,000 days; the record is 13 years coming and they've toured the US a lot in the interim. They also went down a storm on Sunday, so I'm hoping for an announcement sooner rather than later...

21. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I expect more European dates as well. In 2006/2007 they did 3 shows in the Netherlands if I'm not mistaken. Foolishly I only went to one.

22. Lisa Coy

Lisa Coy New Member

New Album coming: Announcement!!!!
    It is such a thrill that a new album is almost here and i am jumping thrilled joy! Cannot wait to see what the fans on this thread have to say about the new album once its out

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  23. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I can't believe that we're two months away and nothing has leaked or been announced so far except a date and the 2 songs played live. No album title. No pre-orders. No super deluxe bundles with Tool marbles. Just like the old days.

24. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

I really thought this was going to be the official announcement with the album title and pre-order info.

craigobau likes this.
  25. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

Apparently some EU media outlets will be attending a listening party for the album today.

Not 100% sure on the source, but it would be a nice end to this round of touring to get the full album information.

Billy_Sunday and Admerr like this.