Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. candyflip69

candyflip69 What's good?!

I'm not getting that, and I'm Prime.
    Only for US imports, not UK, is my understanding.

ispace likes this.
  2. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

I just tried it and had shipping applied and I’m a Prime member too. Maybe the parcel locker address is making a difference?

ispace likes this.
  3. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

minus the 20% VAT and we're very close and the lowest on the us site is still over $100 aud? Anyway seems silly to offer a product price that isn't actually available.

Easy-E likes this.
  4. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Now its saying - after I chose payment method - no you can't ship to that address

so it still doesnt work :cussing:

Wait...I changed to the home address and it does now work with 17.98 shipping

So no parcel lockers allowed .

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  5. candyflip69

And no free shipping.

6. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Stupid geoblocking :realmad:

croquetlawns and Frightwig like this.
  7. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

It defaults to expedited shipping but you can select standard shipping that is slightly cheaper.

8. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

I suppose it's a start - I loved the UK prices and shipping in the old days :)

9. candyflip69

Not always - try putting 5 items in your cart (all from the UK Imports of course).
    Then try the 3 options.
    Over a certain weight, it is actually more exxy to use Standard than Expedited.

Another fun anomaly! ;)

Frightwig likes this.
  10. Munger74

Munger74 Forum Resident

Can remember getting the massive Queen coloured vinyl box set shipped from Amazon UK for only 4 pounds. Aah the good old days!!

ispace, Easy-E and Frightwig like this.
  11. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

And usually on a very low preorder price too! In fact Amazon UK shipping would average around 7 days max and only 4 pounds. That’s why it was such a loss. I still send a monthly whinge to [email protected] about this. The local franchise can barely ‘pack and send’ it within a week. The fact Amazon.co.uk have snuck back on (partially) proves the lie that they were legally prohibited from servicing Australia due to Gerry Harvey’s GST lobbying, and more to do with launching the local franchisee. Grrrr.

12. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

Sigma6 likes this.
  13. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Aussie pressing and scobb like this.
  14. Wadeal

Wadeal Well-Known Member

Most records on my wishlist showing what I'm guessing is the Amazon UK price, but then when go to view the sellers or purchase no seller listed at the price (and no Amazon UK). Been ongoing at least a fortnight, camelcamelcamel emails keep happening, have contacted Amazon customer service 3 times now keep being promised will be fixed but I'm sure they don't understand and no one "on the ground" at Amazon AU is even aware, or cares.

15. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Search and add them to your cart via this link Amazon.com.au but you will be paying shipping

scobb and Wadeal like this.
  16. ispace

ispace Senior Member

What’s special about that link?

scobb likes this.
  17. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Amazon UK expedited shipping appears to be $17.98 for the first music item, then $7.99 for each additional item.

Easy-E likes this.
  18. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

It should take you to the Amazon uk shopfront hopefully

19. ispace

ispace Senior Member

It just took me to the Amazon AU home page.

scobb likes this.
  20. candyflip69

It’s still the AUS site, but it filters for UK Imports only (top left corner).

Frightwig and croquetlawns like this.
  21. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

I bought an item for $12.22...and then that item went up to $20 after my purchase. But it still showed $12.22 as the cheapest price under sellers - which of course wasn't there when you went in. So $74.62 may have been the previous cheaper Amazon price for Pink Floyd but it went up after someone snagged it.

scobb likes this.
  22. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

Still says $74.62 today so must be a horrible glitch!

croquetlawns likes this.
  23. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

I just checked the CD I bought and the lowest price has now amended. Amazon has been doing some weird stuff with pricing lately - so a glitch would not be surprising!

I also just bought three vinyl albums that were being sold by US Amazon and two have shipped separately from the UK! So rather than getting one parcel - I am getting three. Which sucks - as I always like to buy a couple at a time with the hope they will ship together for safety - as one by itself has more hope of damage.

iloveguitars, scobb and ispace like this.
  24. Wadeal

Wadeal Well-Known Member

Frightwig likes this.
  25. scobb

scobb Forum Resident