Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

2. Big Swifty

3. Big Swifty

Bonddm and Frightwig like this.
  4. Big Swifty

5. Big Swifty

6. Big Swifty

7. Big Swifty

8. Big Swifty

9. Big Swifty

10. Big Swifty

11. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

12. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

13. Big Swifty

Bonddm and Frightwig like this.
  14. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

It's amazing how prices fluctuate at the drop of a hat on Amazon. I purchased an item for $30 and the minute I did it went up to $43

ispace, Big Swifty and croquetlawns like this.
  15. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

It's also amazing how Amazon.au fail to get stock in - I pre-ordered the new Pink Floyd The Later Years highlights disc, which was released yesterday. Although I saw it in the flesh at JB yesterday (at 20% off!) mine has yet to ship and has an estimated arrival date of Dec 16 - I just contacted them and was told that their stock hasn't arrived! Considering that JB managed to get it on the shelves for release date, this is plain incompetence on Amazon's part. I had the same thing happen with a pre-order book from Amazon a couple of months ago, so I don't think I'll bother pre-ordering from them anymore. OK, rant over....

E.Baba, iloveguitars, ispace and 2 others like this.
  16. Jimmy Agates

Yeah pretty much anything I've pre-ordered has suddenly been unavailable on release date or in the case of an item that was out Friday it suddenly went from being sold by Amazon.AU to Amazon.US.....absolutely f4657n hopeless.

17. Big Swifty

I'm counting down the months until they wind this little experiment up and link us back to the rest of the Amazon network because they stock very little of anything.

18. GypsyDavey

GypsyDavey Forum Pyromaniac

You blokes, and anyone else who has pre-orders suddenly become "unavailable" on release date, be sure to send an email to Amazon expressing your disappointment at the poor customer service they have provided. You'll get a ******** apology (which you can ignore) and a voucher for 10 dollars off automatically applied to your next purchase.

Jimmy Agates and Big Swifty like this.
  19. croquetlawns

I complained via the online chat system, but unfortunately no voucher was offered this time around - they did a few months ago when the last pre-order I had wasn't in stock. Maybe they're missing so many pre-orders they can't afford to keep giving out $10 vouchers!

20. ispace

ispace Senior Member

I agree! Has anyone seen a thorough analysis of how this pricing works on Amazon? It’s a really strange business model; their pricing also moves around daily with inexplicable jumps & drops, and I can’t figure out what the motivation is.

Big Swifty and Jimmy Agates like this.
  21. Jimmy Agates

Funny you say this as I did exactly that and just received a $10 voucher :)

Big Swifty, croquetlawns and Mylene like this.
  22. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

You can't argue with that!!

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  23. croquetlawns

Actually, I'd generally give up the $10 vouchers to just get what they promised when they promised it!

E.Baba and Jimmy Agates like this.
  24. Jimmy Agates

25. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

If you write [email protected], expressing your feelings and lack of trust in Am AU, you will get a phone call or email from ‘executive customer relations’. They will give you a link to a third party seller (sometimes Am US) and deposit funds in your account for the difference. A month or so later, your preorder will be on general sale but yours has come from O/S. Amazon AU has lost accounts with most major record companies in Australia...you can work out who they are from what they do, and don’t have available.

iloveguitars, ispace and Jimmy Agates like this.