Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

Yep, same here. The ultimate night in!

PdB73 likes this.
  2. Candyflip Records

Candyflip Records vinyl lover

Thank you.

Just be careful on checkout - the cart seems to try and want to add $18.99 shipping (ie. premium) as default when you use the code, almost like they don't want to give you a full discount! ;)
    If you don't use the code, shipping reverts back to the standard $7.99 .... hmmmm.

3. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

You can use the code and manually select the cheaper shipping option. It just defaults to the more expensive one - but you can change it.

4. Candyflip Records

I did - but it 'magically' reverted in the last step away from my eyes (I did the order on my phone because the code wouldn't work from my PC browser).

Regardless all, tread slowly and carefully.

5. Box Set

Box Set Living In The Material World

Good one, thanks! Sold out now.

PdB73 and Mylene like this.
  6. Bulsara

Bulsara His Majesty

Good luck with the Zavvi orders! I have ordered vinyl from them before and a single record came in a large cardboard box with a sliver of bubble-wrap. The records were fine but the packaging was ridiculous.

7. Box Set

Just like Amazon then ;)

croquetlawns and PdB73 like this.
  8. Bulsara

Bulsara His Majesty

Similar - when I get a big cardboard box from Amazon - the album is usually still within a mailer within the cardboard box. With Zavvi, the record was literally just the record in a large cardboard box.

9. Bulsara

Bulsara His Majesty

10. Box Set

You must be getting the deluxe service ;)

11. Bulsara

Bulsara His Majesty

Hahaha.

12. Box Set

Update from Zavvi: ''Unfortunately we have had to cancel this order. This is due to a pricing error on our website. We pride ourselves on having accurate information on our website, but on this occasion there has been an error which has subsequently been amended.''

It's now $107.99

Bulsara and croquetlawns like this.
  13. PdB73

PdB73 Forum Resident

Yeah - same here. It's surprising as Zavvi has crazy low prices on things. I often will pick up a figure that retails at $70 for $18. Oh well....you win some, you lose some.

Bulsara and croquetlawns like this.
  14. Candyflip Records

Poor form - the 'price error' is complete bollocks of course.
    But as you note, win some lose some.

ispace, westcj and PdB73 like this.
  15. Big Swifty

Sigma6 likes this.
  16. Big Swifty

17. Big Swifty

18. Big Swifty

jɑmbo and croquetlawns like this.
  19. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I've found you can save a few bucks by paying in UK pounds via zavvi.com. They tend to round the prices up on the Aussie site.

For example, I bought some Arrow Blu-ray's the other day that were $14.99 on the Aussie store, but worked out at approx $13.95 after conversion (£7.99).

The postage charge does come in a tad higher.
    Worked out as approx. $8.65 (£4.99).
    Another catch is you may be charged an international transaction conversion fee, but I use a card that reimburses me.

Easy-E likes this.
  20. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

My Bob Mould 24 CD box set turned up today from Amazon Warehouse, described as having - "Moderate cosmetic damage on cover art"

Other than not being sealed, it has the tiniest crease on the side of the box set ( which may have occurred in transit) and for all purposes is brand new!

Big Bob Mould weekend coming up!

Frightwig, van1, Easy-E and 8 others like this.
  21. jɑmbo

jɑmbo Forum Resident

croquetlawns likes this.
  22. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

croquetlawns likes this.
  23. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

I’m in London at the moment bigging up the new album but I completely forgot how Amazon uk craps all over the pale imitation we have at home. I’ve already received tons of items and only just scratched the surface. AU Amazon really needs to lift its game.

Box Set, ispace, Bulsara and 5 others like this.
  24. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Yep, I was very happy when we were able to order from Amazon UK direct and get free shipping! I can't quite remember now, was it some trial for a few months? It was a long time ago now, before Amazon Au.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  25. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

When you actually shop Amazon UK it says available to Australia for x amount shipping, but when you proceed to checkout, it says the item can't be sent to Australia. Weird.

ispace and croquetlawns like this.